New Exhaust system from FORD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope this system is an improvement over stock in both sound and performance. Would love to have a factory system...but can't really run CF tips here in the NE with all the salt they use when it snows. I saw the 2.75" pipes and was surprised too...would think they'd run 3" the whole length, especially on a turbo'd truck.

Carbon fiber has no effect from road salt. It is non metallic so it would fair better than even the best stainless steel option. Also there is no reason to increase the pipe diameter since the exhaust is going to be restricted by the smallest part which is the downpipe. So until someone offers a turbo back exhaust, oversized exhaust wil only offer a sound change because of the increased resonance.

JerryTX

Reaction score
What makes the Raptor version cost $600 more than the standard 3.5 Eco version? Same dual exit.

The Raptor exhaust differs from all the rest of the F150 Ecoboost exhaust in that it is true dual from the turbos back. Is it true if it runs into dual in/out resonators and mufflers? We won't know till we cut open a resonator or muffler to find out. The fact that the F150 exhaust is not available, volume wise, to subsidize the Raptor exhaust is probably part of the reason it is $600 more. I don't know, just speculating.

Big Ratt

Reaction score
So there is a Sport and Touring version of this exhaust.

Touring - Noise legal in 50 states

Sport - Noise legal in 49 states.

Bet CA is the one state!

Which version did you guys order?

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bet CA is the one state!

I would venture to guess you're 100% correct. Kalifornistan's over regulation at its finest. I would go with the Touring. I would imagine it sounds a bit better being toned down.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bet CA is the one state!

I'm waiting for a video. Had the FP touring on gen 1. Was enough for me. Sport was a little too much but probably perfect. I'd buy sight unseen but with the v6, never know. Borla did sound best (same as FP) on gen 1, IMHO.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a video. Had the FP touring on gen 1. Was enough for me. Sport was a little too much but probably perfect. I'd buy sight unseen but with the v6, never know. Borla did sound best (same as FP) on gen 1, IMHO.

The FP Touring was by far the cleanest sounding system on the Gen 1. Sounded great and wasn't obnoxiously loud.