New Borla video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like my Atak is a week away from shipping, maybe in the mean time Borla will come out with the tips. I want to get everything on at once.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like my Atak is a week away from shipping, maybe in the mean time Borla will come out with the tips. I want to get everything on at once.
Na I don't think so. I hope so, but I haven't heard a peep.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I want to order a Borla system. I can get very good pricing of the Ford Performance System with Carbon Tips. I like the sport version vs the touring version. The Ford Performance system appears different than the regular Borla system. It does NOT have an X-pipe, and is has a resonator. I dont really know the difference between the 2. I will give Borla a call to have this explained to me. I am aware the Borla system comes with no tail pipe tips.

Muredhawk

Reaction score
Ok, I want to order a Borla system. I can get very good pricing of the Ford Performance System with Carbon Tips. I like the sport version vs the touring version. The Ford Performance system appears different than the regular Borla system. It does NOT have an X-pipe, and is has a resonator. I dont really know the difference between the 2. I will give Borla a call to have this explained to me. I am aware the Borla system comes with no tail pipe tips.

Can you get the Ford system for a cheaper price than the Borla plus future tips? I believe the Borla will be significantly louder than the two Ford offerings. Are tips important to you?

There's quite a few videos of both. I would say choose whatever you like better...

You are correct that the Ford Perf does not have an x-pipe. However the Borla is much less pricey...

The Borla is available now. I ordered it Moday morning, it'll be here tonight Wednesday tonight. Going on the truck tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you get the Ford system for a cheaper price than the Borla plus future tips? I believe the Borla will be significantly louder than the two Ford offerings. Are tips important to you?

There's quite a few videos of both. I would say choose whatever you like better...

You are correct that the Ford Perf does not have an x-pipe. However the Borla is much less pricey...
X-Pipe offers more free airflow and likely better performance...although it is louder.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Ford Performance Sport with CF tips. I spent alot of time on the phone with Borla, and Ford today. This is a bit of an education for me. I was not aware that Ford designed the system, and Borla just builds it. This is why the difference in sounds, and components. When Borla finally comes out with there own full system including tips, the price will increase 400-800 dollars depending on what style you choose. This is what I was told by Borla. I found pricing for this Ford Performance System under 1600.00
After all is said and done, I feel comfortable with the Sport Ford Performance System I ordered. The system is being built now, and expected to ship 5/15. Now lets see if all of this holds true. Hope this info helps anybody interested.

Muredhawk

Reaction score
I ordered the Ford Performance Sport with CF tips. I spent alot of time on the phone with Borla, and Ford today. This is a bit of an education for me. I was not aware that Ford designed the system, and Borla just builds it. This is why the difference in sounds, and components. When Borla finally comes out with there own full system including tips, the price will increase 400-800 dollars depending on what style you choose. This is what I was told by Borla. I found pricing for this Ford Performance System under 1600.00
After all is said and done, I feel comfortable with the Sport Ford Performance System I ordered. The system is being built now, and expected to ship 5/15. Now lets see if all of this holds true. Hope this info helps anybody interested.

That makes more sense. I was wondering why the Ford product was so much different...

bronco

Reaction score
My research between Ford Performance and Borla

I am in the same boat. Like the looks of the FP Sport exhaust version with the CF tips made by Borla but I also like the Stype version from Borla direct. I talked to Borla. Their system is different. 3" pipe vs. 2.75", no resonator vs. resonator with FP. Borla will be a lower growl apparently than the FP so its your preference in sound profile. Ford has the complete system. Borla is still needing to come out with tips. Not sure about any real difference in HP or TQ gains with either. Minimal I am sure. I think Borla Stype will be a touch louder with the xpipe vs a resonator. The Borla Atak version is supposed to be pretty loud. No drone on any of the systems. Good luck and hope it helps.

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Awesome, looking forward to hearing it. I went with the Ford version of my Borla Cat-back for my GEN1, haven't changed it since, really did like the "Ford Racing" labeled tips. Currently we don't even have access to the Ford Racing cat-backs yet, but the Borla S-Type has been selling 5x more than the Atak for the GEN2 thus far this month.