New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had issues with my toyos or km2's on previous vehicles. I prefer the ko because of the noise but they did not hold up like the other tired seemed to. Hoping the ko2 ls truly are better.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I posted previously, I've owned over a dozen sets of KOs throughout the past 20 years on various trucks and Jeeps and never got more than 40k miles out of a set. I don't consider myself an aggressive driver, but am a weekend warrior when it comes to off-road stuff. Nothing major, but lots of dirt and loose gravel, some rocks and a little mud here and there. The KOs have always done well. I've had KM2s and although they are excellent off-road, they are loud on road and absolutely terrible on packed snow or snowy roads.

I'm hoping these KO2s will be AT LEAST as good as all my previous KOs.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put new 315/70 R17 KO2s on my 2013 SCAB today. At 25K miles the stock KOs still had 30% tread life but they were pretty chunked up and they had become really noisy. I debated with myself over the decision to go with 37s or not and in the end I decided to stay with the 35s. In the end I like the look of the 37s in the wheel wells but I didn't want any compromises on stuffing the tires offroad. That and I can get into all the parking garages I use now and adding 1" of height would make two of them questionable.

I can't believe how harsh feeling and noisy the stock tires had become compared to the new KO2s. I felt a bit bad about replacing the stock tires early but the street ride is sooooo much improved with new rubber.

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 150

13terrainraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20160803_155013.jpg

Just put some KO2 tires on mine too. 35 x 12.50 x 17. I love them! Going to SteelNutz offroad in Murrieta, CA on Wednesday to have the shocks rebuilt, set at mid perch and alignment. Then I just have to wait for my Rogue bumper to arrive!

Last edited:

wayne.ullrich

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has problems with rocks in tread on ko2?
I currently have nitto tg on , but needs to replace.
Last bfg's I had were horrible with rocks

Last edited:

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have used my ko2 lots off-road on dirt and gravel, as well as winter roads where there was the small rocks for traction on ice. The ko2 are a huge difference compared to the original ko tires. I was actually surprised at how much less noise there was from rocks being thrown off the tires. You do still get the odd rocks but nothing like the ko tires shoot out.

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
I just put some 37" KO2's on my raptor and its rubbing during turning on my drivers side. I have the mid-perch, what are y'all using to trim the fender and fender flairs? How are y'all cutting it where it doesn't look crappy?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just put some 37" KO2's on my raptor and its rubbing during turning on my drivers side. I have the mid-perch, what are y'all using to trim the fender and fender flairs? How are y'all cutting it where it doesn't look crappy?

There is a thread here with nothing but pictures and instructions on how to fit 37" tall tires. Search... read.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

On what wheels?