needing a new bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutch451

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Dutch451 i saw you had this cover. instead of derailing the other thread, maybe you can post info here?

I got the Titanium installed yesterday, so don't have a ton of time with it to know how durable it's going to be. The cover I had on the truck before was the Lo Pro, and looks like it's got a little age on it, or it's just dirty, but it's still in great shape, so I'd imagine the vinyl on the Titanium will hold up just as well.

I posted these 2 photos in the "What did you do to your Raptor today" thread, but here they are again.

5CE6348E-9910-40DF-A348-41F985B3B5BB_zps4ifuipb6.jpg

Since the girlfriend took off I was able to get the tail gate open and take a couple other pictures of the locking mechanism.

It's pretty much the same mechanism that's on the Lo Pro soft cover. This cover has much thinner cables to pull the latches in so you can roll the cover up, I don't know how I feel about that yet, but the spring weight on the locks isn't terribly heavy, so they'll probably be fine. I just hope if they do break, they break within the next 3 years since the Titanium doesn't have the Lifetime warranty like other Truxedo products.

Also, this cover uses hooks to hold the cover in place when it's rolled up instead of those god awful side release buckles. Hook them in, pull the strap tight, when you're ready to close, loosen the strap and unhook it. I think it'll work much better over time than the plastic buckles since they like to get difficult to use when they've been baking in the heat and getting dirt all over them.

Immediately after I bought it, I had to load a book shelf in the back, so I can actually say something on visibility when it's rolled up. Because of the aluminum slats, it is bigger rolled up than something like a soft cover, but it really doesn't take up any more of your rear window than the rear headrests do.

I think my biggest complaint with it right now is you have to close the tailgate before you lock the cover down because of the seal that goes over the tailgate. Other than that I think I'll be pretty happy in the long run.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the Titanium installed yesterday, so don't have a ton of time with it to know how durable it's going to be. The cover I had on the truck before was the Lo Pro, and looks like it's got a little age on it, or it's just dirty, but it's still in great shape, so I'd imagine the vinyl on the Titanium will hold up just as well.

I posted these 2 photos in the "What did you do to your Raptor today" thread, but here they are again.

5CE6348E-9910-40DF-A348-41F985B3B5BB_zps4ifuipb6.jpg

Since the girlfriend took off I was able to get the tail gate open and take a couple other pictures of the locking mechanism.

It's pretty much the same mechanism that's on the Lo Pro soft cover. This cover has much thinner cables to pull the latches in so you can roll the cover up, I don't know how I feel about that yet, but the spring weight on the locks isn't terribly heavy, so they'll probably be fine. I just hope if they do break, they break within the next 3 years since the Titanium doesn't have the Lifetime warranty like other Truxedo products.

Also, this cover uses hooks to hold the cover in place when it's rolled up instead of those god awful side release buckles. Hook them in, pull the strap tight, when you're ready to close, loosen the strap and unhook it. I think it'll work much better over time than the plastic buckles since they like to get difficult to use when they've been baking in the heat and getting dirt all over them.

Immediately after I bought it, I had to load a book shelf in the back, so I can actually say something on visibility when it's rolled up. Because of the aluminum slats, it is bigger rolled up than something like a soft cover, but it really doesn't take up any more of your rear window than the rear headrests do.

I think my biggest complaint with it right now is you have to close the tailgate before you lock the cover down because of the seal that goes over the tailgate. Other than that I think I'll be pretty happy in the long run.
thank you. some things to think about.

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the low pro on my trailer. Super easy install and looks good, but I'll be honest, I regret not getting the diamond back or other hard so I can put stuff on top.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Renegade70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Undercover Flex tri-fold cover on my last truck and just had a new one put on this truck. It is very durable, keeps out any water, and you can use all the bed underneath. If you like it, PM me and will try to get you a discount through the company.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
update. i got a call back from the bak company yesterday. almost 2 months later. im guessing someone tipped them off regarding my issues with the company. regardless, they offered to make things right, and as a business owner myself, i accepted their offer and am giving them a second chance at retaining a customer. all it has been is a phone conversation to this point, but i will update as it progresses.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll be very happy with the Revolver X2. It's a great product. I've been very pleased with the quality of the materials, ease of installation and cosmetic appearance. It sits flush with the bed rails, so it doesn't look like you have a cover unless you walk up to it. I get compliments on it all the time.

I'm sorry you had issues with Bak. I'm pretty sure it was due to the merger/acquisition and change in operations, etc. While still no excuse for poor customer service, it's something that often cannot be avoided. I've had nothing but great experiences with Bak and especially Morrie.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

John Tanglewood

Reaction score
I think you'll be very happy with the Revolver X2. It's a great product. I've been very pleased with the quality of the materials, ease of installation and cosmetic appearance. It sits flush with the bed rails, so it doesn't look like you have a cover unless you walk up to it. I get compliments on it all the time.

I'm sorry you had issues with Bak. I'm pretty sure it was due to the merger/acquisition and change in operations, etc. While still no excuse for poor customer service, it's something that often cannot be avoided. I've had nothing but great experiences with Bak and especially Morrie.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

+1000 on the Revolver X2. Absolutely love mine!