Need suggestions for header and exhaust upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am getting ready to add Headers and complete Exhaust all the way back and still considering a few different ones. Exhaust is NOT the one area you want to go cheap on as it will effect your everyday driving! Some states you need the Cats and some you don't and I see no reason to remove them will just produce stank ass exhaust as these things flow good especially if using aftermarket Cats. Certain brands I may like on my Mustangs I don't like on trucks so choosing which one is giving me a headache

terryturner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya it's stressing me out as well. I think I'm just going to go full SW tho. Lot of guys like their products and I'd rather have something that was made together than piece things together from diff manufacturers. That's just me being **** tho. If i dont like the sound I will prolly change it. Kooks also has a nice full setup but it's a bit more expensive than the SW

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Stainlessworks ftw. I've got Stainlessworks headers, no cats and true dual turbo S exhaust. It's not that loud "to me" lol and doesnt drone like some of the other setups I've heard.

Link in my signature has it on the dyno, and the only clip I have of it running is at the strip here.

https://youtu.be/11ar4EWR_hc

Not the best audio but you can kinda get an idea on it from both clips.

Last edited:

szokdogg

Reaction score
I just got Stainless Works catless L/T headers with their Lightning style side exhaust put on this week. I too went back and forth, watched tons of youtube videos etc. Well since SW is located 15 minutes from me I decided to go with them, and let me say this... exhaust video's don't do it justice. It sounds absolutely brutal. Everyone I've showed so far has said "dude is that even legal?" lol at WOT, with the passenger window down you can hardly yell over it. I am very happy with my decision. Putting/coasting around town it still sounds aggressive but not obnoxious, just has a really throaty gurgly sound... but pin the throttle and its like a rocket exploding.