Need info on a Good impact gun an compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use IR impacts at my shop...love 'em. I have a Quincy Q12120PQ compressor in my garage at home. Old school belt drive cast iron pump should last forever, and it's quiet.

Second for the quincy. I use the next size up from that, the 26 gallon upright version.

It's all about CFM, and for a 20-30 gallon tank that runs on 120 these quincys are tops.

Ar4x4offroad

Reaction score
I use an IR 80 Gallon at my shop dual phase. Works great. Sorry to say but I love my Snap-on MG725 Impact. Its a beast and havnt had any issues with it. Use it everyday. Gets covers in mud, grease, oil, water you name it and it still hammers down. Great gun ive owned a cheaper IR gun and it crapped out on me so I bought the Snap-On one and going tom run it till she blows. On top of that it looks cool.
gun.png

SrBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electric Impact work very well now these days that i consider air ones almost obsolete
Get The Ingersoll Rand W7150 1/2" 20 Volt Battery Powered Impact Gun or
The Snap On one

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electric Impact work very well now these days that i consider air ones almost obsolete
Get The Ingersoll Rand W7150 1/2" 20 Volt Battery Powered Impact Gun or
The Snap On one

Agreed, I never use my air impact anymore. I use my electric all the time. If you are an at home weekend mechanic, you cant beat it. If you are a full time pro, get the air tools and 10 compressor.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto, The two cordless DeWalts 1/2" and 3/8" drives do everything I need.

From lug nuts to barbeque.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have this DeWalt 1/2" Drive good for 300 ft lbs.

DCF889HL2 20V MAX* Lithium Ion 1/2" Impact Wrench (3.0Ah) | DEWALT Tools

There is a new one good for 400 ft lbs.

I actually have two 1/2" DeWalts the other one I use for lug lugs it's good for 150 ft lbs.

I bought the 300 ft lbs. after seeing how well it works for the Iron Workers, they use it all day with just two battery packs.
You have to wait till DeWalt has a sale at Lowes, I think I paid $179 for it.

Last edited: