Need help please grinding noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score
That sounds like something transmission related for sure. It could also be a transfer case issue; when mine went out a few days prior it was making some oddball noises. It failed in 2Hi so I was able to drive it around until the new one arrived at the dealership.
Did you had any codes present when that happened? because mine doesnt have any codes present at the time. Thanks

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you had any codes present when that happened? because mine doesnt have any codes present at the time. Thanks

No codes. it was purely mechanical. I had heard a weird pop while offroading at the Outer Banks about a week prior, then a slight whirring noise that come up intermittently; A few days after that I had to pop into 4H to get to a camp site and it make a clunking noise then completely unloaded. I first tried the shifting module but it was pretty obvious that it was something internal to the transfer case. 2H was still there, whether I was in 4H or 2H and I didnt even chance 4L.

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score
No codes. it was purely mechanical. I had heard a weird pop while offroading at the Outer Banks about a week prior, then a slight whirring noise that come up intermittently; A few days after that I had to pop into 4H to get to a camp site and it make a clunking noise then completely unloaded. I first tried the shifting module but it was pretty obvious that it was something internal to the transfer case. 2H was still there, whether I was in 4H or 2H and I didnt even chance 4L.

that is crazy. Mine has not made any popping noise or anything and it shifts “normal”while driving And 2wd and awd working without any problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter