Need help please grinding noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Un plug vacuum line from solenoid , put cap on solenoid port so you don't have a vac leak. Drive it, if noise is still there , you may have a hub bearing issue or bad Cv joint. If you don't have noise you have a leak in your lines or check valve it is partially engaging hubs when engine vacuum varies under driving conditions.

CarlosnVegas

Reaction score
Hello Tony. Vacuum line went to the IWE. Front wheel. My local mechanic tied in the old smoke machine after the vacuum check valve located along driver firewall. He may be able to explain better. His name is Will 702-463-0974. Mention Carlos w/ the Raptor.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Tony. Vacuum line went to the IWE. Front wheel. My local mechanic tied in the old smoke machine after the vacuum check valve located along driver firewall. He may be able to explain better. His name is Will 702-463-0974. Mention Carlos w/ the Raptor.

Those lines are going to keep breaking and cracking. If you plan to keep them, upgrade to silicone.

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score
You can have good hoses, good solenoid, good check valve, and even maintain a vacuum at idle, but if one of your IWE diaphrams has a small leak, it will bleed off enough vacuum under a load to start grinding. This just happened to me. Do a vacuum test on each IWE. Just disconnect the line, put the vacuum gun on the large port, and pump it up. If it holds, it's good.

P.S. You didn't mention whether or not you replaced the $13 check valve. Those fail all the time. View attachment 152131
Hi , I did replaced the ck valve

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score
Here is a video of the grinding noise , is not a constant noise if you drive “normal” is fine the noise only happens on acceleration like when you are going to pass someone
Maybe someone has had the same problem thanks

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like something transmission related for sure. It could also be a transfer case issue; when mine went out a few days prior it was making some oddball noises. It failed in 2Hi so I was able to drive it around until the new one arrived at the dealership.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony, the best check for this is to unplug the vac line at the solenoid—the one that goes to IWEs. Cap it at the solenoid. If it still makes the sound, in my opinion it sounds like a loose heat shield vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tonyraptor

tonyraptor

Reaction score
Tony, the best check for this is to unplug the vac line at the solenoid—the one that goes to IWEs. Cap it at the solenoid. If it still makes the sound, in my opinion it sounds like a loose heat shield vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already did that , that video was taken with the hose loose and the selenoid cap will recheck all heat shields thanks