Need help on deciding about a certain winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
XxWarEaglexX

XxWarEaglexX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of winch plate will I need to fit the x20 smitty bilt winch?
Also will the winch mount plate bolt to my frame? Sorry about all the questions. I am newby to all this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you have the stock skid plate? So I'm assuming your aftermarket bumper didn't require any modification to your frame.

What bumper do you have and do you have any front photos of it?

Any of the ones I mentioned will bolt into your frame using existing holes or newly drilled holes. The smittybilt winch is a standard 10" x 4" bolt pattern and will fit any of those winch plates.

Not sure if the SDHQ or outlaw will be compatible with your bumper? They both have pieces that extend out for the fairlead mount, which you already have. You'd want to talk to them about it.

Also, expect to pay between $150 to $360 depending on which one you get.

One thought would be too contact your bumper manufacture, they may offer a winch plate that is compatible to your bumper.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

Design N Signs custom hood wrap.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=792816

OP
OP
XxWarEaglexX

XxWarEaglexX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a N-Fab RSP winch ready bumper. I posted pics at the very beginning of my post of the bumper on my truck. I guess I will call N-Fab back and ask if the bumper should have came with a winch plate. I bought the bumper from one of their dealers they also installed the bumper so I am not sure if I got ripped off on the winch plate or not. This sucks.