Need help Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
You may want to wait and see if the new equal length Gen 3 system is compatible with the Gen 2. It sounds very good from the videos that have been posted by Ford.

This was my exact thoughts. I just wonder how you would integrate the different “modes” into the 2nd Gen?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was my exact thoughts. I just wonder how you would integrate the different “modes” into the 2nd Gen?

That would probably require some type of aftermarket harness and controller, unless there is a way to set the valve in a specific mode manually. That could be a challenge.

Greg Gobin

Reaction score
I put an awe 2fg on my 19 they have three different systems and each sound different. Give them a listen and see what you think

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Corsa resonator delete. Little less raspy than the full exhaust but significantly louder than stock.

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not trying to be a troll. In the end it’s still a V6 and will sound like Sh*^. Save your money. This is the most pointless add-on people do to these ecoboost trucks!

I have literally watched 100s of YouTube videos praying something will sound good. It’s all garbage.

BillVickers

Reaction score
Had the Roush but it’s almost strait pipes. Really loud and raspy.

I ended up deleting the resonators and Roush cans and installed a true x-pipe SS muffler. Kept the Roush post-muffler system (the tips are really nice).

I doubt the 2021 system will work since it is incorporated into the electronics but...

I’d like to try equal length 3” down pipes next. I believe they are available aftermarket but never heard any feedback.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I have been down this road way too much! I have a Gen 2 and did the Roush cat back. It’s not a true cat back and after about two days with it I wanted to take an ice pick and jam it in my ears between 2-2500 rpm the drone was pretty bad! I ended up putting the stock exhaust back on and then after much research went with the Ford Performance Exhaust by Borla with Carbon Fiber tips. Basically very similar to the Borla S type. It has plenty of throat when cold start or ducking your foot in it. But very pleasant when just cruising around. There are a lot of good exhaust out there and the Corsa is very good, a lot of guys on here have had success with AWE. Good luck, oh and for those that want to say the V6 sounds like shit, it doesn’t sound like a V8 never will surprisingly doesn’t sound like a V12 either funny how that works!

upload_2021-2-15_13-10-37.jpeg

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry not my truck tried to put a pick of mine with the exhaust
upload_2021-2-15_13-15-37.jpeg