Need advice on trans issue failure. Truck at dealership for unknow amount of time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that if you don't enjoy lying to people, you won't be a successful service advisor. I've seen lots of lying for no reason and no gain from it, it seems like it was just for entertainment. I can picture them in the break room, trying to top each other's story ...
I was just thinking the same thing, there is no upside to lying about something like this! That's beyond stupid.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*Update*. So as I mentioned the issues were harsh downshifting (already had the TSB program update performed), harsh engagement from Park to drive, what felt like a miss or slipping during medium acceleration and just an overall feeling like loss of power.
Called last Thursday/Fri and no contact at dealership here in Gallatin, TN. Drove there in person on Monday and spoke with service advisor who stated “parts on order, some on back order, ETA next month…maybe”.
Called Ford Care number to start a claim on Tuesday. Spoke to a guy there and gave my number & email to contact me. On Wednesday there was no contact so I called back. Different rep advised that nothing had been started/ no claim, no record. I started one with her and she put me on hold to contact the dealership. Came back 5 mins later and told me the dealership told her they haven’t started diagnosis yet and no parts have been ordered. I attempted to contact the dealership that day with no success.
Today, 5/20/21, I called a super cool guy in parts department. Explained my situation and he was able to pull up my work order. Told me to sit down as there was no diagnostic on the ticket or parts on the order. He said that he would personally go to the SM, give her my cell, brief explanation and inform her I want a call back. That was around 9am this morning.
At 4:00 got a text from The dealership service department. Evidently they rushed it in the shop today, got it on a rack and determined the following: Clutches A,B and F. CDF cylinder failure, front support, torque converter, Main Control and trans pump. All parts have been ordered.
I will state that this truck is a pavement queen and never off-roaded. Guess Injust had back luck.
At 5:00 the SM called me back. I told her I’m pissed off that I was lied to about parts being ordered, have no trust in their service Dept, no trust I will be told the truth from this point forward and now my truck is torn down and I am doubting their ability to perform a successful repair from the unprofessionalism I’ve experienced so far. Shockingly, she admitted I was lied to and that the advisor was scared to tell me it hadn’t been looked at yet. That she has nothing but excuses and won’t even make up a reason why. Said she would personally contact me every other day with updates and if they don’t replace the trans (as she has escalated it” she will offer a 2 yr/ unlimited mile warranty on the trans through some sort of loophole. All this sounds good if it can happen and at this point with the truck torn down I have no choice but to wait and see.
It could be worse, you could own a Chevrolet product, wifey had to have a new blazer back in ‘19, got her a loaded RS, gigantic POS, more electrical issues than you can shake a stick at, dealership won’t/can’t fix it, last time I was there, 3 SA’s one in front one on each side told me I could leave with my broken car, eluding they would remove me? No clue, I left, called GM, filed a claim with them, they told me I could drop my car off at another dealer and rent a car till they got it sorted out. Yeah, no. Glad this ******* a lease, the joke will be on them.

I have had issues with Ford as well, but not like GM, OP, I hope it gets sorted for you, and it sounds like it’s on the right track, good luck, keep us informed as to how it goes.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
*Update*. So as I mentioned the issues were harsh downshifting (already had the TSB program update performed), harsh engagement from Park to drive, what felt like a miss or slipping during medium acceleration and just an overall feeling like loss of power.
Called last Thursday/Fri and no contact at dealership here in Gallatin, TN. Drove there in person on Monday and spoke with service advisor who stated “parts on order, some on back order, ETA next month…maybe”.
Called Ford Care number to start a claim on Tuesday. Spoke to a guy there and gave my number & email to contact me. On Wednesday there was no contact so I called back. Different rep advised that nothing had been started/ no claim, no record. I started one with her and she put me on hold to contact the dealership. Came back 5 mins later and told me the dealership told her they haven’t started diagnosis yet and no parts have been ordered. I attempted to contact the dealership that day with no success.
Today, 5/20/21, I called a super cool guy in parts department. Explained my situation and he was able to pull up my work order. Told me to sit down as there was no diagnostic on the ticket or parts on the order. He said that he would personally go to the SM, give her my cell, brief explanation and inform her I want a call back. That was around 9am this morning.
At 4:00 got a text from The dealership service department. Evidently they rushed it in the shop today, got it on a rack and determined the following: Clutches A,B and F. CDF cylinder failure, front support, torque converter, Main Control and trans pump. All parts have been ordered.
I will state that this truck is a pavement queen and never off-roaded. Guess Injust had back luck.
At 5:00 the SM called me back. I told her I’m pissed off that I was lied to about parts being ordered, have no trust in their service Dept, no trust I will be told the truth from this point forward and now my truck is torn down and I am doubting their ability to perform a successful repair from the unprofessionalism I’ve experienced so far. Shockingly, she admitted I was lied to and that the advisor was scared to tell me it hadn’t been looked at yet. That she has nothing but excuses and won’t even make up a reason why. Said she would personally contact me every other day with updates and if they don’t replace the trans (as she has escalated it” she will offer a 2 yr/ unlimited mile warranty on the trans through some sort of loophole. All this sounds good if it can happen and at this point with the truck torn down I have no choice but to wait and see.
I would report this back to Ford customer service, this is not okay, nobody should be lied to like that. Like others have said here "what's the point of lying"? The GM of the dealership should be notified as well. Hope everything goes smoother from here for you.

OP
OP
Rabel376

Rabel376

Reaction score
*UPDATE** At this point I feel like i'm just providing entertainment to the group so why not, right? The Service Manager that stated she would call every day/ every other day has not been heard from since our first conversation. I reached out to her, left a VM that said "Im not calling anymore. You can update me if you feel like it"

I got a call that afternoon, which was May 29th. Stated that some parts were still on backorder and that she would call me when they had them all in. This Saturday, the 5th, I had a new guy call me stating that he is prior military, crosses all t's/ dots all I's and he has been given my ticket due to the amount of time/ work that its requiring. He will call me daily to update even if its to say that he has no information. Truck has been taken off the rack and moved outside with the transmission out since they needed the rack for other repairs.
With this luck I should play the lottery!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In your next communication with Mr. New Guy, you should succinctly communicate to him:

1) this is not squared away.
2) the service to date is the wrong answer.
3) talkers are good, but doers are needed to fix the problem.
4) report back with results.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure they have entire remanufactured units sitting somewhere , after so much time of parts on back order you would think they can put an entire unit in . I think FordTech 1 eluded to this . I would be screaming to whoever for an entire unit.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is the ****** part of this deal... My local trans builder that does our race truck can have a 10R fully rebuilt in a week if you want to pay for it, but the Ford dealer cant get it done on warranty...
At this point I'd spend my own $$ to have it rebuilt

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What an endless load of shit! I feel for you, I would be really pissed having the truck down so long. Would it help if I called you every day, since they will not? I've been told my voice is super sexy! :hat: