GEN 2 Need advice [emoji22]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I traded my 2014 raptor for a new one earlier in the year. I haven’t taken it off-road, been busy with work.
Last weekend I took the kids to my grandmas in the desert for her birthday. She lives on a dirt road. Was driving down the road and fishtailed around the corner, went to straighten out and it didn’t want to so I stopped. Didn’t hit anything and wasn’t really haulin ass. Anyways the damn TieRod bent pretty bad...

So I have it towed to the nearest dealership. They called me today and said it bent the tie rod and that caused a gear to go out in the steering box and the TieRod gashed the shock pretty good. So long story short it’s 4500.00 to fix the shit. He said it’s not covered under warranty (14k ish miles) he told me to call ford and gave me the number...

I called earlier and some rude dude said his computer was rebooting and to call back in a few hours.

Just called again and he was super rude, kept asking me how long I’ve had the issue, didn’t understand that it just broke, kept thinking it was the driveshaft for some reason (really bad language barrier.) I asked to talk to a manager and he kept telling me there was no point because there are (currently no programs that can assist me) then I demanded to talk to one many times, finally he agreed to see if he could find one, put me on hold, and hung up on me.

I buy 1-2 new fords a year for work and personal stuff and have never had issues like this. The 14 raptor rear end went out at like 60k and they took care of it with no issues. I didn’t even have to call and try to talk with someone from the “corporate number” lol.

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dats the story, it shouldn’t had bent I wasn’t nearly as hard on it as I’ve been on other trucks [emoji2378]

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dats the story, it shouldn’t had bent I wasn’t nearly as hard on it as I’ve been on other trucks [emoji2378]

Sounds like you should be calling your insurance co. to file a claim. It sounds like you hit something.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer is going to call this "abuse"....not trying to give the OP a hard time but I have NEVER seen or before this heard of a tie rod just bending....like many others here I've been driving off road since 1978 and literary have thousands of miles off roading....

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with the above....you came into contact with something pretty hard whether you realized it or not...we will give you the benefit of the doubt ;). I would call the insurance company and get a claim going. I don't see how Ford could warranty it. Pay your deductible and carry on....

OP
OP
lka

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is going to call this "abuse"....not trying to give the OP a hard time but I have NEVER seen or before this heard of a tie rod just bending....like many others here I've been driving off road since 1978 and literary have thousands of miles off roading....

Welp, Ford ended up doing a lemon on the truck. They’ve been great since Ford Reacquired Vehicle Headquarters got involved. Getting a 2020 next week [emoji3061]

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welp, Ford ended up doing a lemon on the truck. They’ve been great since Ford Reacquired Vehicle Headquarters got involved. Getting a 2020 next week [emoji3061]
WOW!! Good for you!!! That’s crazy that they lemoned the truck for that.