Need A Spotter For A Trip To The Ranch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got word that some problems we are having with a operator who is using a disposal well (long story) for purposes that they should not be is trucking in water. Will be going out there to document the trucking company disposing of the fluid for a hearing later this month.

I need someone to drive in front of me on the ranch to make sure my truck does not fall into any sink holes---they are deep and are hard on the sheet metal. Leaving DFW tomorrow at 3am returning Saturday eve. Temp will be 92 tomorrow and 62 Saturday with 35 mph winds each day but from different directions. Will be 27 miles from the nearest gas station and cell phones are spotty at best. The good part is that if Aliens come to visit we will be able to get good pictures and video!

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which ranch are you going to?
side note I just thought about how much fun it would be to take a raptor to the SR2 ranch (Sid Richardson Scout Ranch) in bridgeport. There are miles and miles or gravel roades with huge speed bumps.

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which ranch are you going to?
side note I just thought about how much fun it would be to take a raptor to the SR2 ranch (Sid Richardson Scout Ranch) in bridgeport. There are miles and miles or gravel roades with huge speed bumps.

The Ross Ranch in New Mexico. Here is the USGS Site link to the map.

Scrool down to almost the bottom of the page. Click on Ross Ranch.
New Mexico USGS DRG Topographic Map Index

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
The Ross Ranch in New Mexico. Here is the USGS Site link to the map.

Scrool down to almost the bottom of the page. Click on Ross Ranch.
New Mexico USGS DRG Topographic Map Index

You have a "Fracking" problem ?
Let me see if I read that right. You want someone else to drive into the sink hole so you don't ? Oh hell boss with friends like you who needs enemys ?
Tee hee hee
How about a rental car ? Fals in a sink hole, call rental place "hey your not going to believe what happened"
Sounds like a locked n loaded wear your vest kinda adventure. And I'm clear up in Minnesota. Darn close to Canada.

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HAHA---now that you mention it I will be carrying non concealed. Will also have one of my long range rifles in the back seat BUT will be “hunting” with a camera and a video camera my buddy gave me to borrow. Will using the devil out of my binos but will leave the spotting scope here. On our land I can carry that way and if anyone else is carrying on our land or even has a firearm in the vehicle they are guilty of criminal trespass.

My new Colt LE901 is in transit right now or I would take it out there to break it in.

I resemble :laughing1:no I mean I resent the comment you made and about with me as a friend who needs enemies. I will be on the roads and will be able to see where I am going but you never know because I will be running some of the above ground pipelines and that means walking so I do not fall into a sink hole----do not want to have to go up on a hill to use the phone to get on the FRF and put out a SOS LOL!!:banghead:

Will you call Carlsbad and put a rent car in your name for me????????? I will pay you back!!!

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
HAHA---now that you mention it I will be carrying non concealed. Will also have one of my long range rifles in the back seat BUT will be “hunting” with a camera and a video camera my buddy gave me to borrow. Will using the devil out of my binos but will leave the spotting scope here. On our land I can carry that way and if anyone else is carrying on our land or even has a firearm in the vehicle they are guilty of criminal trespass.

My new Colt LE901 is in transit right now or I would take it out there to break it in.

I resemble :laughing1:no I mean I resent the comment you made and about with me as a friend who needs enemies. I will be on the roads and will be able to see where I am going but you never know because I will be running some of the above ground pipelines and that means walking so I do not fall into a sink hole----do not want to have to go up on a hill to use the phone to get on the FRF and put out a SOS LOL!!:banghead:

Will you call Carlsbad and put a rent car in your name for me????????? I will pay you back!!!

maybe I read it wrong ? I thought you wanted someone to drive ahead of you to find the sink holes ?
Now I think you are wanting a ? Spotter to ? Ride and Spot sink holes ? I'm confused ?
If I was down there I would ride with you, I enjoy survalience. Be safe and I hope you catch whoever might be messin with your land.
A rental would be a good idea, I'll have one reserved and waiting for you

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HAHA--yes needed someone to drive ahead of me to make sure I did not fall in! Was a good trip but short. Left home at 3:30 am and got home at 10:00 that night. 928 mile round trip--anyway had rain there so there was mud which is rare. Took an hour Saturday to get it all off before I could take it to the car wash. Lucky this dirt is not clay so it did not make that big of a mess in the driveway lol.

These are pics of the containment system being built to ensure the storage tanks around a producing well if ruptured. This is great because the earthen ones that are common do not work very well. The were getting ready to spray the whole thing with "rhino liner".

th_2012-10-05_13-51-55_476_zps63e3c67d.jpg
th_2012-10-05_13-51-49_90_zpsc3f03a46.jpg
th_2012-10-05_13-51-29_469_zps69fc8c1d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
"rhino liner" = "Sufficiently Impermeable Barrier" Someone at the EPA has decided that concrete isn't a good enough barrier for spill containment. We are having to coat all of are tank farms. Lame...

HAHA--yes needed someone to drive ahead of me to make sure I did not fall in! Was a good trip but short. Left home at 3:30 am and got home at 10:00 that night. 928 mile round trip--anyway had rain there so there was mud which is rare. Took an hour Saturday to get it all off before I could take it to the car wash. Lucky this dirt is not clay so it did not make that big of a mess in the driveway lol.

These are pics of the containment system being built to ensure the storage tanks around a producing well if ruptured. This is great because the earthen ones that are common do not work very well. The were getting ready to spray the whole thing with "rhino liner".

th_2012-10-05_13-51-55_476_zps63e3c67d.jpg
th_2012-10-05_13-51-49_90_zpsc3f03a46.jpg
th_2012-10-05_13-51-29_469_zps69fc8c1d.jpg