Need 2010 axle at silver lake sand dunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it a mangled mess or a clean snap?

If you disconnect the drive shaft, can you put in 4wd and drive with just the front wheels?

If he snapped it there's nothing keeping the wheel in the axel housing.

I had the same original thought to just use the locker abs drive home but still same issue

OP
OP
S

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
atejenez.jpg

Headed home for the repair. Thanks jimmy for the Info yesterday

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Stickman89.
Yeah I snapped mine at time attack and Jimmy had a spare I bought from him.
Got lucky that day.
I would really love to upgrade the internals on these just need more info or is it better to just buy a used 2012 one.
Good Luck.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If he snapped it there's nothing keeping the wheel in the axel housing.

I had the same original thought to just use the locker abs drive home but still same issue
There was a trick I saw on YouTube that used the shank from a hilift and a couple of straps to hold the wheel in for a short distance recovery using 4wd.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
I am just waiting for that to happen to me. Ford upgraded my pinion when they replaced my differential under warranty but didn't touch my axle shafts (so I still have the 34 spline). Ticking time bomb.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Are you using 35s or 37s?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why? The housing and ring gear we have is bigger?

Factory 9" isn't anything great. They're popular due to the upgradability and removable 3rd member.

A full floater would be cool though.

Well true (on a stock ford 9").. I just wanted the Floater. I would be OK with a Dana 60 as well, doesn't ford use the Dana in the bigger F series.

A currie 9" would be welcome on my Raptor.. :) But I would settle for an 8.8 from the factory with 9" ends on it .