Name that sound....Cam Phasers I assume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thepro8

Reaction score
Just started at 20k miles, just after I took my Raptor in for an oil pan leak issue. Don't know if there is any relationship.

Sounds like Cam Phasers to me, but want your opinion. only happens for a few seconds on cold starts.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like phasers to me, mine sounds the same. Dealer confirmed, waiting on parts for them to do the job. You'll have to leave it overnight so they can cold start it in the morning and confirm the sound.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2017 has done that since new. Sounds like a smokers cough for just a couple seconds. Only when cold. Have over 45k miles and have not had any problems with performance or gas mileage so I just thought it was normal. But maybe I need new cam phasers???

OP
OP
T

thepro8

Reaction score
Sounds like phasers to me, mine sounds the same. Dealer confirmed, waiting on parts for them to do the job. You'll have to leave it overnight so they can cold start it in the morning and confirm the sound.

Yeah. I arranged a courtesy vehicle and service appointment for next week. Will see what they say.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine started doing that at 65k miles, dealer just confirmed it’s cam phasers.

OP
OP
T

thepro8

Reaction score
my dealer said Cam phasers. ordered parts, but 4 weeks delay until they come in. I'm driving it until then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter