n00b in OK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crashthepunisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird! JP is who quoted me $600 for clear bra and $80 for my tint back in early May before I ever got the truck. When the truck came in, I just had him install the tint. I would have done both for that price. I have had paint protection film before for a lot less, so I just pretty much decided against it if was going to be that much.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
JP has tinted all my vehicles for the last 15 years, Vash. Does great work and stands behind it.:waytogo:

OP
OP
Vash

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weird! JP is who quoted me $600 for clear bra and $80 for my tint back in early May before I ever got the truck. When the truck came in, I just had him install the tint. I would have done both for that price. I have had paint protection film before for a lot less, so I just pretty much decided against it if was going to be that much.

PM Sent

OP
OP
Vash

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you call Outlaw Kustomz to see if they applied that clear bra? I know they have TONS of 3M stuff they use. My matte on my hood and strips came from them and its 3M

I only used the installer search on the 3M website to see who installed ventureshield within 50 miles of Bartlesville. I think Auto Distinctions was the only place that came up.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only used the installer search on the 3M website to see who installed ventureshield within 50 miles of Bartlesville. I think Auto Distinctions was the only place that came up.

Makes since i figured that was the issue. I looked up vinyl wrap places and then called every place in town to see what i could figure out.

The place you used sounds like a good place i might have to try them later down the road. They are only a few miles apart. The roommate had his boat tinted and Outlaw was the only one even willing to do the work due to the difficulty .

OP
OP
Vash

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Makes since i figured that was the issue. I looked up vinyl wrap places and then called every place in town to see what i could figure out.

The place you used sounds like a good place i might have to try them later down the road. They are only a few miles apart. The roommate had his boat tinted and Outlaw was the only one even willing to do the work due to the difficulty .

I'm happy with their work. They also carry FLX-Paint and do various vinyl wraps for advertising etc. Below is an article on the FLX-Paint featuring Auto Distinctions as the installer:

FLXPaint Vinyl Coating - 2008 Chevy Tahoe - Truckin' Magazine

Crashthepunisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you call Outlaw Kustomz to see if they applied that clear bra? I know they have TONS of 3M stuff they use. My matte on my hood and strips came from them and its 3M

Is that your Raptor with the matte black on the hood on their website? Mind if ask what that ran you? I'm thinking about having matte black vinyl put on my flares and bumpers. Does it provide any paint protection, will it dent, etc. and do you wax it or what?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep thats the roommates raptor. I had mine done and then he did his. It is matte black 3M. The matte you don't wax but would use cleaner like you would vinyl on a boat. I think it has some protection for sure. They said they could do vinyl on most anything but with the flares and the rocks hitting it at high speeds it probably wouldn't hold up on the tire side. It would give the same protection as the factory vinyl IMO. I've had mine for over 6 months. Call them and ask for Ryan hes the owner. I've got a few things from him so he knows the Black raptor I have with the red pinstripe.

Matte%20Black%20Hood2_full.jpg

167109_578719649734_71300364_32730556_7270935_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vash

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a crazy idea...or maybe not that crazy. Was kind of thinking of eventually adding matte silver, titanium, or gunmetal grey vinyl down the center of the hood to add contrast similar to how the black looks on the white Raptors, but reversed. Although, I do absolutely love the way the Tux black paint looks when it's waxed.