MyFord Touch Glitches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawkeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far my only glitch is when starting the truck it will sometimes go right to the music
on my USB stick instead of the radio station that was on when I shut it off. And,
it starts off on the same song again and again. I told the dealer and switched
USB sticks, it still does it once in a while.

I bought a stylus at Radio Shack to use instead of touching the screen with my finger,
that seems to work well.

OP
OP
LandFill

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In addition to my phone and thumb drive sync issues, the screen and the back-up camera have blacked out completely. When it blacked out, it gave me a warning message to not rely on it for navigating my vehicle. It pissed me off but the warning was kind of funny!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll admit MFT has it's problems and ford def needs to fix it but wtf is $5 million gonna fix? Because you leased a truck that had a faulty entertainment system you feel that you can quantify those damages?!

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think $5 million is small potatoes. The distractions that the MFT issues have caused me are dangerous. I hope this (and other actions) lawsuit at least forces Ford to fix the issues. I'm hoping that this is purely a software issue, and not one that requires a recall of some kind to switch out faulty hardware. I hope to see more pressure on Ford to make this right.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Personally, if it came down to it, your stereo distracting you causing you to crash is your own fault. I agree that this is a good push for ford to fix the problem but ultimately it's your responsibility to pay attention while driving.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, if it came down to it, your stereo distracting you causing you to crash is your own fault. I agree that this is a good push for ford to fix the problem but ultimately it's your responsibility to pay attention while driving.

You don't get it. Today's society is all about everything being someone else's fault and suing for any reason (and no reason) because they can and because they want someone else's money.

We have way too many lawyers and now, we have way too many lawsuits. This country needs tort reform badly but it won't happen because the lawyers have so much influence over Congress.

I hope I don't get sued for saying that.