My Truck Just Hit The Dealership- Two Questions For The Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figuring that the $1900 17” factory beadlock wheels are forged and includes the spare it’s a fair price for the option.

Harlley

Reaction score
Good morning Y'all!

My truck just hit the dealership yesterday, and I should be able to pick it up next weekend. Two questions for the forum:

First, I have a 35 package with the 801a and most other upgrades. The dealer sent me some photos this morning and the center console lid doesn't have the "Raptor" lettering on top. I think the build and price had it on there...does anyone else have it on their console lid? Or is it a 37 package feature? (Pic below)

Second, I'm really regretting not going with the beadlock wheels. I don't have the time to search for takeoffs (or the money based on what some of these people are asking). Does anyone know if we can order these through a dealer or from Ford Performance directly?

Thanks in advance for y'alls help! I've been saving up and waiting for a Raptor for 10 years... this whole experience is surreal and I'm so glad I found this forum to share with and learn from you guys. View attachment 326237View attachment 326242
I don't have it either. And on the seats they cheesed out. They look like they burned the word Raptor into the leather. They should have stiched the word Raptor for 75k it would look so much nicer . My 2017 had the stitching.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
beadlocks are not street legal.

Cite to statute or regulation?
I’m sure someone can come up with something that says they’re illegal somewhere, but I haven’t seen it specifically.

OP: others have said it, and I’ll reiterate; go aftermarket on the wheels. Honestly, I think the beak lock capable wheels are for the 1 percent of the 1 percent of Raptor owners running seriously in the sand. I don’t even think @zombiekiller is running bead locks, I think he’s running the fancy ‘bead grip tech’ wheels with the stronger lip.

Whether your heart’s set on bead locks or not, supporting vendors here will hook you up with what you want. I know that the live valve trucks sit a little higher up front than the ’17-’18 trucks and I think you have a little more offset capability as a result. I’m running a +18mm on my ’17 and have compressed the suspension pretty well straight on, no issues, and I still have clearance lock to lock and not seeing any clearance issues while turning either.

In addition to Nick, @Pacific Wheel has multiple wheel threads going on, including lightweight wheels, and now a gen3 wheel thread.

Good luck.

Fergs

Reaction score
What he said . You can pick up Method’s for $260-$300/per wheel and get something that looks better, in my opinion. I’m in San Diego, so I also like the idea of supporting a San Diego company.

Discount Tire price matched for me, just had to show them the website-retailer who had better pricing. I went with the 309 Grid’s, the 305 Double Black look great too. There are a lot of wheel options available that would be cheaper and better than the stock beadlock options.

View attachment 326278
Curious if you considered the Titanium color of this wheel with the matte black trim? This looks awesome and might be the route I go with as well as I'm worried the titanium won't match up great with LFG.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if you considered the Titanium color of this wheel with the matte black trim? This looks awesome and might be the route I go with as well as I'm worried the titanium won't match up great with LFG.
I did not. Initially I thought about it and considered even Fuels or Venomrex in grey/titanium.

In the end I decided to keep it simple and went with the matte black which I think was the right choice to go with the XPEL Stealth. I wanted the wheels to compliment the Stealth without becoming the center of attention. I think the 305’s Double Black look great too, just did not want to wait for them to come off back order.

7752E696-07EE-42F3-AB67-6942B0984133.jpeg

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How come no one asked who was driving, what's the damage to the truck and the dealers building, and will insurance cover it?

[I'll leave now]

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the 305’s Double Black look great too, just did not want to wait for them to come off back order.
For those of us that do not want to go outside the factory specs on width, do these stick out far? Im concerned with rubbing issues that people talk about with the aftermarket wheels along with having them stick out too far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I can start a thread with only wheels that meet this spec?

Fergs

Reaction score
For those of us that do not want to go outside the factory specs on width, do these stick out far? Im concerned with rubbing issues that people talk about with the aftermarket wheels along with having them stick out too far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I can start a thread with only wheels that meet this spec?
I could be wrong, but I haven't seen an aftermarket wheel thread. Personally, I'm not the most well versed in the topic and would love to follow one to see what everyone's wheels are looking like as well as what specs to choose for wheels.

If anyone knows of a wheel thread for the Gen3, please send my way!