My Truck Just Hit The Dealership- Two Questions For The Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Farva5803

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What in the wide wide world of sports is gonna take your dealer so long to prep the vehicle?????? Mine arrived in the late afternoon and it was ready by the next morning.
It's not on him -I'm out of town for training tomorrow through Friday. Saturday is the earliest I can get it haha. It's going to kill me all week waiting for it.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck, Just get some methods if the factory ones don't grow on you.
What he said . You can pick up Method’s for $260-$300/per wheel and get something that looks better, in my opinion. I’m in San Diego, so I also like the idea of supporting a San Diego company.

Discount Tire price matched for me, just had to show them the website-retailer who had better pricing. I went with the 309 Grid’s, the 305 Double Black look great too. There are a lot of wheel options available that would be cheaper and better than the stock beadlock options.

48B9CA4B-C832-41CB-A03A-7AD93BEC5EC8.jpeg

OP
OP
F

Farva5803

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he said . You can pick up Method’s for $260-$300/per wheel and get something that looks better, in my opinion. I’m in San Diego, so I also like the idea of supporting a San Diego company.

Discount Tire price matched for me, just had to show them the website-retailer who had better pricing. I went with the 309 Grid’s, the 305 Double Black look great too. There are a lot of wheel options available that would be cheaper and better than the stock beadlock options.

View attachment 326278
These look amazing. I was just on ExpertVoice and they have 20% off Method wheels for military and LE. I just couldn't find a set that I thought would look good, but these are it! Thanks man!

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These look amazing. I was just on ExpertVoice and they have 20% off Method wheels for military and LE. I just couldn't find a set that I thought would look good, but these are it! Thanks man!
No problem…like I said the 305’s Double Black look awesome, too, but I think they may still be back ordered.

I bought an extra set of black bolts for the 309’s, but currently digging the zinc bolts contrast. SVC Offroad advertised the 309’s at $257/each which was better than Discount’s listed price at the time of purchase.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only wheels I've seen that are almost factory dimension are the Alphaequipt. That's what I was going to buy from @Nick@Apollo-Optics if I didn't like how my stock wheels looked after I powder coated them. I ended up liking the powder coat look on my OEM's.

Last edited:

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sent you a PM. Beadlocks were part of my order from the beginning as I made the deal after the dealer had submitted the order. My truck won’t be built til November, but I believe I’ll be interested in swapping and collecting the 2k (1895 + tax) i had to pay for the premium wheels.

I’ll be putting my bronze venomrex wheels on our new Gen 3 when it’s delivered. So if you aren’t married to factory wheels…I’d go the after market wheel route like these guys have suggested already.

btizzle

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat here. I plan on using my truck for its intended purposes off road and def plan to air down. Didn’t upgrade the wheel package figuring the aftermarket had better options. I take my Jeep 305/70r16 down to 13 psi on the beach and they are non beadlock pro comp wheels $400 for the set. Cheap! Never even came close to blowing a bead that I know of running KM3 and 2s the past 10 years. Is the bead-lock really a necessity? Maybe because the weight of the truck? Are the factory wheels actually true beadlocks?

When choosing an aftermarket wheel, I’d like to find something that doesn’t increase the width of an already extremely wide truck. Could the extra width/backspacing throw off sensors of the vehicle? What is the factory backspacing?

Anything else I’m missing here would be greatly appreciated.
beadlocks are not street legal.

the factory wheels are beadlock capable, so from the factory, they are just a cosmetic ring. You need to buy the beadlock rings and install them to make them real beadlock