GEN 2 My truck is gutless !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You also have to consider perspective. As in, it's a truck. If your perspective is GT350 acceleration, you're in the wrong vehicle.

Though I have to say I was surprised the Raptor wasn't as fast as what I expected compared to my old '16 F150 XLT w/2.7L v6. But I think that's more a testament to the 2.7L EB being fast than it is the 3.5L EB Raptor being slow.

Overall, I love the truck, and think it's got plenty of guts. I'm just not going to be trying to beat any actual sports cars off a line or anything.

5.2s 0-60 is pretty impressive for a wide-bodied truck running 35s, but, like you say, it aint no sports car, and F150s with less power are faster simply because they have less rolling resistance. Nothing else off the factory line will keep up once the going gets rough, tho.

There's been enough reports of the computer limiting power during break-in that I'm inclined to believe it is happening. I was easy on my truck for the first 1k (as the manual advised) so I can't speak from personal experience. As soon as I hit 1k tho I did a boosted launch and matched the claimed numbers.

magaraptor

Reaction score
Get with hyper car development in Cornelius North Carolina they put a module on my truck and it really woke it up but it feels light as a feather because when I traded my 14 for this 18 I thought the same thing it was trash . But when they put that module in said Dyno 550Hp and I’m headed to Ford twice and they have not detected it.

skerzz

Reaction score
5.2s 0-60 is pretty impressive for a wide-bodied truck running 35s, but, like you say, it aint no sports car, and F150s with less power are faster simply because they have less rolling resistance. Nothing else off the factory line will keep up once the going gets rough, tho.

There's been enough reports of the computer limiting power during break-in that I'm inclined to believe it is happening. I was easy on my truck for the first 1k (as the manual advised) so I can't speak from personal experience. As soon as I hit 1k tho I did a boosted launch and matched the claimed numbers.

You did 5.2 0-60 on the street? From what I've seen, real world is probably more like low 6 second 0-60

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the truck with a empty fuel tank. I filled it with either 93 or 94. I test drove one and it seemed snappy, I was driving my 13 Denali that day and it felt close in power, slightly less but my D was chipped. On the highway at 100 km it is a dog when I floor it (to pass). I am thinking that the computer may be detuned for 500 miles but I am just guessing. So far unimpressed, I am being realistic, I never expected it to be muscle car fast...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter