My Raptor took me to Fly in a B17 WW2 bomber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my father and boys up in Sentimental Journey (B17) last month out at Chandler, kids in the waists, my father and I in the front. They wouldn't let me fly so I went up in the SNJ, that I flew, what a blast. Didn't get to log it.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id love to do that. My grand father was army air corp in WW II . Aircraft mechanic and a tester . Old man was just a tallented and damn cool person.

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics Ice!!

This is the Collings Foundation B-17 Nine O Nine. BEAUTIFUL AIRCRAFT!!

I did this same Flight Experience a while ago out of Westchester Airport in NY and flew down the Hudson around the Statue of Liberty and past the World Trade Towers :(

I have met and spent a fair amount of time with Col. Robert Morgan, the Famous B-17 Pilot of the Memphis Belle and I have a collection of aviation art with many famous military pilots signatures (for both Allies and the Axis)

I do a number of air shows in NY and PA when I can...

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

GMAN

Dutch451

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a B17 (Aluminum Overcast) "Stationed" somewhere here in WI, I think the EAA in Oshkosh, but it makes a few stops a year at the Madison Airport. They spend the day taking people out on flights. I've wanted to do it, but so far, only been invited to spend the day photographing the plane. Definitely one of my favorite WWII Aircraft :)

Here's a couple shots from the last shoot I did with it using my old crummy Nikon D40, I really want to do it again with my new camera, lol.
7570710168_4611ca0bc6_z.jpg
DSC_3985 by Dutch Schultz, on Flickr
7570522940_920dff38f2_z.jpg
Taxi Out by Dutch Schultz, on Flickr
7570532608_f8202ccc1b_z.jpg
All Clear by Dutch Schultz, on Flickr

Engine Start by Dutch Schultz, on Flickr

Here's a link to the rest of the album https://flic.kr/s/aHsjADVRto

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get a chance you got to go up on one.... nothing like hearing the roaring engines of that great beautiful bomber!!

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3f779646dd7a77d675d6f57eed155fdd.jpg

Here is a picture of my wife in my other favorite aircraft... The P 51 Mustang... This is an image that I found on the web of her on her flight out of Geneseo New York (Finger Lakes Region)a number of years ago... I got her up on a photo shoot where she flew in formation with a b-25 bomber, high-speed strafing pass over the field, 4 point roll...victory roll and Cuban 8.... all very worthwhile for what I paid at the time

When she landed we greeted her at the plane with the liaison officer who gave all of us a nice cold beer, signed autographs and chatted with us for a while...

I am hoping to Ride in the Cadillac of the skies in 2016 myself!

GMAN

Dutch451

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the P51 is a monster.. I'd love to be able to just get up close with one, probably my all time favorite plane :)

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or another awesome ride....

4 Rolls Royce Merlin (Mustang) engines... In one deadly but sweet sounding package
7864e6e12b6b0bfabe057bd8359e3ab2.jpg

The Canadian Warplane Heritage has a beautiful example that I've seen flying numerous times... hmmm

And now there's another thing to add to my bucket list...