My Raptor Sent Back to Factory....Secret Recall????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was supposed to be delivered today. I called Ford to track it yesterday and was informed that it had been returned to the factory yesterday due to a "Saftey Hold / Recall" The dealership has been trying for two days to get more information from Dearborn but the factory is not disclosing (even to the dealership) anything but all F-150's in transit have been recalled to the factory for a saftey recall.

I can not find any info on the web on this. I was less than 24 hours from taking delivery. Ford customer service says they now have no ETA on delivery...could be months.. I am freaking PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is rather lame that they will not provide you with information.

However, I would like to get my vehicle and drive it rather than having to immediately leave it at the dealership for a recall fix...never know how severe the problem is or what kind of parts are required.

Hope you have other transportation.

Your truck will come....but I do understand the frustration, ran into the same thing when I tried to order a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 but I gave up, then I tried the 2011 Edge Sport and the same thing happened (delay, delay, delay), gave up on that as well.

In your shoes, I would probably be pissed too.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take a deep breath and see what you find out in the coming days. Have you called Ford directly at their customer service number? Give that a try and maybe you can find out.

Good luck

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called Ford Directly and have opened a case with the "Lack of Customer Service Department"...They said all F-150's enrout to dealerships are being returned to the factory for a "Saftey Hold" and Inspection. They would not give me the details on what the issue was that prompted the return to the factory. They said they would provide me with more details in the coming days.

My dealership is just as frustrated....Ford is keeping the info pretty tight right now. Dealer has been real good to me. They are going to unwind the deal so I do not accumulate any finance charges and rebook the deal with a contract date a month from now.

To add insult to injury, I pressed the Scout into service today, and rolled into work in suit and tie. Problem is I did not have the top on and it poured rain all day. I was locked and cocked by the time I got home.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at least it's Friday..
You have my sympathy- that really sucks. But at least when you get it back it will be right. Whatever the problem, Ford seems to be taking it seriously; it's got to cost a ton to pay for the return shipping on all the F-150's.
Good to hear the dealer is being reasonable.

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was wondering why mine which was built two weeks ago still hasn't made it onto a rail car.