GEN 2 My prediction on the 5.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Two things i just dont understand, 1; why people compare a Naturally Aspirated engine to a boosted one? (insulting their own intelligence)
2nd; when i see someone saying they love tt 3.5 and hate old school big heavy v8, i dont get angry, or feel angry, to me, its their preference and m fine with it.
but when i say i hate tt 3.5 v6 and love v8, man it presses a lot of buttons, just like 5 year old children scream when you take their toy. Beats me

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two things i just dont understand, 1; why people compare a Naturally Aspirated engine to a boosted one? (insulting their own intelligence)
I guess nobody should compare Gen1 to Gen2 Raptors. Or is it ok to compare everything except the engines?

jaggwaa

Reaction score
I guess nobody should compare Gen1 to Gen2 Raptors. Or is it ok to compare everything except the engines?
The only problem is the engine. Rest Gen 2 is better in every way. Its aluminium its lighter its better in every way the body, shape i love it so much, and thats what makes me feel so bad and that engine is the reason its been 4 years m just waiting. When i buy the raptor, m gonna mod it heavily, in excess of 30-40 grand, and i just dont wana do it with this 3.5 in it. Plus after moding that much, cant stand it being sit back at dealer for weeks for problems.
Mods include full sound proofing and sound system which will cost upwards of 15 grand, roush or whipple with add front back exhaust easily 40+ grand in mods, and the fear is then i'll hear cam phasers or some other shit and i'll have to send it back, what if its a leamon, do i uninstall everything all the mods.......?????
And i dont compare them at all, its others who say gen 2 leaves gen1 behind, which is a very silly statement in itself, of course its a boosted engine, compare it with a boosted v8 and you shall see who leaves who behind.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And i dont compare them at all, its others who say gen 2 leaves gen1 behind, which is a very silly statement in itself, of course its a boosted engine, compare it with a boosted v8 and you shall see who leaves who behind.
Nothing wrong with comparing stock vs stock. Ford didn't put a boosted V8 in the Raptor so it would be silly to make that comparison. You'd have to dump $8-$10K into the V8 to add forced induction. That doesn't sound fair.
I don't lose sleep over other people's issues. I have 40k trouble free miles on my 2017. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't be aware of any problems with the Gen2. I have 3 friends with Gen2's that haven't had any problems either.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with comparing stock vs stock. Ford didn't put a boosted V8 in the Raptor so it would be silly to make that comparison. You'd have to dump $8-$10K into the V8 to add forced induction. That doesn't sound fair.
I don't lose sleep over other people's issues. I have 40k trouble free miles on my 2017. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't be aware of any problems with the Gen2. I have 3 friends with Gen2's that haven't had any problems either.
Its good man, congrats and i wish your truck behaves same thru out its life. I already waited for 4 years, couple more wont hurt. For now ordering shelby gt500. She'll help me wait lol

JPete

Reaction score
Agree totally... this forum makes you think they are blowing and being towed away everyday with few thousand miles. It’s crazy... my father in law has 2012 ... 85k miles without a glitch. I had 2011, 2016, now 2019 raptor.. all turbo..
75k first truck, then 55k second. Not one issue... I don’t get it... my buddy at work has 17 raptor with 60k.... I was asking him how afraid of cam phasers he was and he had no clue what I was talking about. That’s why there’s no recalls or mass hysteria because the only mass hysteria is on forums. For the one guy I mean buy the GT and they stay off the Gen2 forums... I mean hell...how crazy is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d say the 6.2 ain’t a long term engine b/c Ford gives zero F’s about making V8s & has been putting all their R&D $$$$ into smaller displacement turbo, hybrid, & all electric power trains.

“Compared to the 6.2L” - bro that 6.2 is a pile of shit. Put it next to a Dodge or GM motor of same displacement....not even worth discussing. Stating The obvious is redundant.

And what’s the counter argument eh? I specifically bought a gen 2 raptor BECAUSE it didn’t have another’s one of fords anemic shitatsic heavy big ass V8s

LS/LTx or Hemi all day long

Pile of shit. Sure it is. Tons of them in Superduties that are flawless. It may not put out enough power to make you happy, but that means jack shit to me.

In contrast, the GMs DOD is total junk and Hemis drop valves on a regular basis. Plus the trucks they put them in suck. But, whatever- you bought a Ford so I guess your "all day long" thing only applies to you if you only buy just the engine?

My 6.2L engine will be happily rolling down the road on the day your 3.5L is a steaming, oil soaked failure headed to the scrap yard.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pile of shit. Sure it is. Tons of them in Superduties that are flawless. It may not put out enough power to make you happy, but that means jack shit to me.

In contrast, the GMs DOD is total junk and Hemis drop valves on a regular basis. Plus the trucks they put them in suck. But, whatever- you bought a Ford so I guess your "all day long" thing only applies to you if you only buy just the engine?

My 6.2L engine will be happily rolling down the road on the day your 3.5L is a steaming, oil soaked failure headed to the scrap yard.

No argument on the DOD crap- Ive had 5 GM vehicles w/ it (08 G8GT, ‘07 Silverado, 2x’14 & 1x15’ GMC sierras 5.3s/6.0/6.2) only had an “AFM/DOD problem” w/ the ‘15 lifter(s) started doing a lil tinkle sound @ start that got progressively worse to a rattle I knew exactly what it was but just kept driving it HOPING it would eventually drop a few & wipe out the cam post warranty so I could drop a hot cam in it. The G8 GT got a DOD delete kit (from livernois actually) @ 85k Miles. The DOD is kinda forced onto GM due to cafe regs it’s a cute way to reproduce good mpgs in a test setting but don’t do much more than 1/2 mpg in real world imo.

I will say the transition between 4 to 6 or 8 cylinders back & forth w/ the newer GM vehicles is much smoother, but the fact they put that crap into the last V8 is ridiculous.

That being said- would much prefer a GM 6.2 over any Ford offering even w/ the DOD knowing full well how awesome it gets once you drop a stage 2 or 3 cam kit in it. After that give me a hemi....but also love those big displacement Mercs. Last choice would be a Ford 5.2 voodoo w/ the flat plane crank, & I LOVE how it sounds & builds power, but my understanding is it’s rev happy, high strung, & not that reliable compared to the standard coyote 5.0 or any GM performance V8 when put to real track abuse.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh really, first how many people actually do offload?....... less than 15%.... google it. Now putting 800hp on dirt, seriously, how ignorant of you. Most baha trucks are 800+ hp. You should do ur research before calling others troll and go get a life dude!

How does one do offroad?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 owners to tend to have a better idea of what the Gen 2 exhaust sounds like as the Gen 2 leaves them in its wake
Pile of shit. Sure it is. Tons of them in Superduties that are flawless

200k miles on my SD service truck with zero issues lol. yep complete junk... yet our steam chief's 2019 3.5 F150? just got a new engine at 8k miles lol