GEN 2 My prediction on the 5.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMIB99

Reaction score
After last night's Tesla reveal and taking into account Ford's investments in electric vehicles I now believe there is more of a chance at an electric Gen 3 than a V8 one.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After last night's Tesla reveal and taking into account Ford's investments in electric vehicles I now believe there is more of a chance at an electric Gen 3 than a V8 one.

Hybrid more than likely which is an AWESOME technology for an off-road vehicle that has already been employed in some military vehicles for a while. Electric motors in the front hubs w/ regenerative braking etc.

Fords not going to build an all electric truck/vehicle on their own or any time in the near future- that’s why they bought Rivian or partnered w/ them, but those things are probably a decade away from real mass consumption.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I echo a lot of what’s been said already. Don’t sit on the sideline forever. You may regret it as Father Time waits for no one! Tech improves and there will always be better, faster and more capable. You don't have to keep it forever and enjoy some of the best there is now. Buy something else later on when the market has the next great thing to offer.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I’ll wait till spring/summer before pulling the trigger. I am not one of the people who will refuse to buy a V6 rap I would just be really pissed if I bought one and shortly there after an 8 hit the market. I understand I can’t wait forever but I’ll feel better waiting a little longer.

I must say I am no where near as excited about buying a gen 2 as I was when I ordered my 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well Raptors have been out a while and a lot of the hype is less. Way back a 400HP V8 go anywhere truck sounded like a dream.

But here we are today and a V6 Raptor is leading the pack. And it’s still quite the excitement it was years ago I think.

Honestly I think there’s a good chance the next Gen may even be a hybrid. Ford’s already using it in vehicles. But who knows what may come around, until we see it.

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hybrid Raptor is more along the lines of Fords plans than V8.

You want a V8 - go see Dodge / Ram. Which gotta give those guys huge cred for keeping true to V8's big motors and huge power. My 2017 Hellcat Charger was one of the funnest cars I've owned. 707 hp in a rental car I'd always say - HA!

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You want a V8 - go see Dodge / Ram. Which gotta give those guys huge cred for keeping true to V8's big motors and huge power. My 2017 Hellcat Charger was one of the funnest cars I've owned. 707 hp in a rental car I'd always say - HA!

I’ve had a few Chrysler work cars and had several issues with them so I’ll pass on Dodge.

I’m all for Ford getting ahead of the curve on fuel efficient vehicles but fuel efficiency shouldn’t be a top priority for this truck. Other F150s fine, but if someone wants a fuel efficient truck Raptor wouldn’t be on their mind in the first place.

Sure the 3.5 makes better power than my old 6.2 but can you imagine a FI 5.2?! I’ll prob see the light after I get one but until then I will still dream lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What happened you got tired of it or needed more room? FCA can pump out those hi HP Hemi’s. And there will be people to buy them.

Supposedly Ford is to release there first hybrid truck next year? That will be a taste of what’s to come from I think.

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened you got tired of it or needed more room? FCA can pump out those hi HP Hemi’s. And there will be people to buy them.

Supposedly Ford is to release there first hybrid truck next year? That will be a taste of what’s to come from I think.

The Hellcat was a my third vehicle and a garage queen - sold it this summer. Originally purchased cause I thought it would be a limited run vehicle - NOPE. They are pumping those out. But it was FUN - man was it fun. Comfortable, good tech, fast, and carried the entire family with room to spare. Looked badass as well.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess you should have got the Demon looking back for a limited run. But now they have the wide body redeye, and who knows what to come. They pump them out.

Well now you have a bigger family car that just sits a little higher up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter