GEN 2 My prediction on the 5.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This *is* a thread talking about putting a different engine in the Raptor than the current one.

Here's a pro tip for ya Smurf- remote start your truck.

You don't have to hear the phasers that way.

lol I do this

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This *is* a thread talking about putting a different engine in the Raptor than the current one.

Here's a pro tip for ya Smurf- remote start your truck.

You don't have to hear the phasers that way. :favorites13:

Haha! I’m the vilified 99% - no cam phaser solenoid failure.
besides, every time I start Lucille, I love to be there

I can just hear that little tw@t sasquatch77 squirm from across the country.
Plus, I really love that the eco just twists your knickers ! :p

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plus, I really love that the eco just twists your knickers ! :p

Sounds like ass no matter what you do to it.

BTW, I own 2 vehicles with V6 EB engines. One is my daily driver. I still don't want a Raptor with that engine though. I plan to keep my truck long-term. My daily will be replaced in 5 years.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Sounds like ass no matter what you do to it.

BTW, I own 2 vehicles with V6 EB engines. One is my daily driver. I still don't want a Raptor with that engine though. I plan to keep my truck long-term. My daily will be replaced in 5 years.
LOL not just ass, its sounds like a old farty donkey's ass who had loose motions.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There a lots of people, including me, who will not buy a Raptor powered by a TT V6. We don't think it's a reliable engine long term. When you look at the amount of complaints about the 3.5L EB engine on this site compared to the 6.2L V8 to date, I'd say the numbers already firmly back that up- and the 3.5L EB engines are mostly all still very low mileage. Age will start to turn up boost leaks and all of the fun that comes with aged pressurized plastic and rubber components- of which the 3.5L EB has a ton of.

It just depends on whether you plan to keep a truck long term or plan to be buying new ones every five years or so. Having the V6 under warranty is not so bad- it is powerful and fast, but you'll hate it when it's in the dealership repair bay for month waiting on parts and you are stuck in a uber, borrowing your wife's car or driving your garage queen in shit weather.
I’d say the 6.2 ain’t a long term engine b/c Ford gives zero F’s about making V8s & has been putting all their R&D $$$$ into smaller displacement turbo, hybrid, & all electric power trains.

“Compared to the 6.2L” - bro that 6.2 is a pile of shit. Put it next to a Dodge or GM motor of same displacement....not even worth discussing. Stating The obvious is redundant.

And what’s the counter argument eh? I specifically bought a gen 2 raptor BECAUSE it didn’t have another’s one of fords anemic shitatsic heavy big ass V8s

LS/LTx or Hemi all day long

TRUEFF

Reaction score
I could care less about the engine size or the sound as long as it out performs the prior Gen and the competitors. For me it’s about performance. The Current v6 dominates the Gen 1 V8 in every way. Zero quality issues with my Gen 2 thus far. The sound argument is weak and way down my priority list.