My journey to Raptor R ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nealhoney

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a 6 month journey just to get my 35 Raptor…and I haven’t even taken delivery of it yet…

Wristdoc

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be confrontational. I just am curious as to your source of confidence that the R will be released this summer.

Here is a quote from another thread regarding putting a deposit on the R...sorry I can't produce a direct link.

"Based on trusted sources at FP and a close relationship with a higher up at a high volume dealer, nobody knows when the R will be released. I have tried every avenue to secure one with no luck. They have been exceptionally honest with me and straightforward from the beginning and told me do not bother trying to place a deposit, we don't know if we're getting one and we haven't heard a thing either.

I wouldn't be putting a deposit down anywhere, all you're doing is giving the dealer free cash flow... why on earth would you do that."

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be confrontational. I just am curious as to your source of confidence that the R will be released this summer.

Here is a quote from another thread regarding putting a deposit on the R...sorry I can't produce a direct link.

"Based on trusted sources at FP and a close relationship with a higher up at a high volume dealer, nobody knows when the R will be released. I have tried every avenue to secure one with no luck. They have been exceptionally honest with me and straightforward from the beginning and told me do not bother trying to place a deposit, we don't know if we're getting one and we haven't heard a thing either.

I wouldn't be putting a deposit down anywhere, all you're doing is giving the dealer free cash flow... why on earth would you do that."
Ford has stated there will be an R. It is happening. Now… when they announced the R at the Feb 2021 gen 3 reveal, they said it would come in 22… but also said it was off-road only. Ford recently said via ford marketing that it was going to be able to be ordered this fall. Knowing everything, I got out of the raptor r market no it was not street legal, and pricing was going to be in cobra jet territory. Ford won’t have any answers for a TRX.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TRX will soon have no answer to the TRX because hellcat engines are going away. at the same time i wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a badass hybrid on the later generations. would love to see a raptor powerboost myself