My journey to Raptor R ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it does end up with the same powerplant as the 500, I can tell you the MPG is going to be well below double digits. I have a 21 500 and while I don't ***** it around, even moderate driving yields 11ish mpg. Now pile that in a truck that weighs a bunch more.
Totally, at best it will match the TRX mileage wise.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it does end up with the same powerplant as the 500, I can tell you the MPG is going to be well below double digits. I have a 21 500 and while I don't ***** it around, even moderate driving yields 11ish mpg. Now pile that in a truck that weighs a bunch more.
Wow - I have been interested in seeing what the average 21 gt500 gets for gas mileage. I have a 5.8 gt500 and mix driving with it is 19… highway was 21 (only discovered on my cross country trip bringing it home), and completely driving it hard is 12.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be warned. Once the actual orders open you will have no advantage. Also the dealers can decide to charge you ADM at the last minute. Saddle up and get ready!

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow - I have been interested in seeing what the average 21 gt500 gets for gas mileage. I have a 5.8 gt500 and mix driving with it is 19… highway was 21 (only discovered on my cross country trip bringing it home), and completely driving it hard is 12.
I get 10.5 average, good amount of spirited driving though

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I was number 1 on a list at one dealership with a $500 dollar deposit. after doing some thinking after reading all these post. and thinking to myself that gas mileage is going to be terrible. especially if ford decide to only make them with 37's. it wouldn't surprise me so they can get more money. almost every dealer I tried to put my name on a list said it as of now with the current ship shortage it could be around 125k or more. my guess is more. so went back and got my deposit and put it on a regular one.. now just to play the waiting game on allocations.. not so bad ill just hang on to my 2018 a little longer

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to mention the salesman said they'd probably get only one allocation for it and the owner will probably bump me. surprised he said that to me. would be a **** move by the owner