My first drive and thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colecoin

Reaction score
I landed in Pensilvania on Tuesday night. The dealer picked me up in my 2012 black super crew. They thru me the keys and off we went for a drive to the dealer. The truck is awesome in every way. We got to the dealer filled out a few papers and they sent me and my sales man to the gas station and filled her up. Then they took me out for dinner at a great steak restaurant and off I went. I have never met a nicer group of people than at this family owned dealer. The price was under sticker and just over invoice. no added BS fee's. I drove her back to Chicago in very heavy wind and some snow. She handled in great. I averaged about 13 mpg. I did use premium fuel. On my way back I stopped off at a friends window tint shop and had all the windows tinted in 20% they look great. I have place an order for a Lakeland model renegade truck cap. My next mod will be HIDs. I also want to lower the rear so the truck sits level. My question is should I do the lowering shackles? I need the clearance for the garage with the topper on the back.. I had a great experience and othe Dealers should be more like this. I can't wait to put some more miles on her.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I landed in Pensilvania on Tuesday night. The dealer picked me up in my 2012 black super crew. They thru me the keys and off we went for a drive to the dealer. The truck is awesome in every way. We got to the dealer filled out a few papers and they sent me and my sales man to the gas station and filled her up. Then they took me out for dinner at a great steak restaurant and off I went. I have never met a nicer group of people than at this family owned dealer. The price was under sticker and just over invoice. no added BS fee's. I drove her back to Chicago in very heavy wind and some snow. She handled in great. I averaged about 13 mpg. I did use premium fuel. On my way back I stopped off at a friends window tint shop and had all the windows tinted in 20% they look great. I have place an order for a Lakeland model renegade truck cap. My next mod will be HIDs. I also want to lower the rear so the truck sits level. My question is should I do the lowering shackles? I need the clearance for the garage with the topper on the back.. I had a great experience and othe Dealers should be more like this. I can't wait to put some more miles on her.

pm ducati hes been doing amazing projector retro fits with awesome hids!!! he should help the headlight problem..
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/4-sale-bi-xenon-projector-retrofit-headlights-10156/

an dont lower the rear the fox shocks in the front have 2 other perch settings then they are on....if you get the front shocks perch done to the middle it will even the truck out an give you the desired look....many members on here have done it and are thrilled with it hope this helps you
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/how-adjust-fox-shock-perch-height-level-front-6969/

welcome to the family

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the positive dealer experience. If you need the clearance, lowering shackles are great. They are readily available in 3/4"-2" of drop. Total Chaos makes a very durable 3/4" drop shackle, and Bell Tech makes a 1" and 2" drop shackle. Good luck!

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from another Chicago area owner. Sounds like you found a great dealer to buy from. Thats awesome. Can be aggravating sometimes. What part of the city are you in. Enjoy the site. Very cool place.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Sorry, just saw you are Genoa city wisconsin. Helps to read all the info presented. again welcome.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Welcome
Second, before you add shackles, you may want to wait and see on the height after you add that cap. The weight of the cap alone may bring you to the desired height needed for clearance in the rear.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
NY SCREW said:
an dont lower the rear the fox shocks in the front have 2 other perch settings then they are on....if you get the front shocks perch done to the middle it will even the truck out an give you the desired look....many members on here have done it and are thrilled with it hope this helps you
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/how-adjust-fox-shock-perch-height-level-front-6969/

+1 do this, not that. Lol and welcome! Im an hour or so south in bourbonnais/Kankakee!!

OP
OP
C

colecoin

Reaction score
Welcome from another Chicago area owner. Sounds like you found a great dealer to buy from. Thats awesome. Can be aggravating sometimes. What part of the city are you in. Enjoy the site. Very cool place.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Sorry, just saw you are Genoa city wisconsin. Helps to read all the info presented. again welcome.

I'm live on the north side of the city i also have a place in genoa city.