My dealership has 3 incoming Raptors for sale at 5K over sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
I tend to agree with your thoughts. The reality is the odds of finding the color / spec you really want sitting on a lot (e.g. customer backs out) are close to zero. And your odds of placing a new order for a 37 Performance Package (at MSRP or with ADM) and getting the truck anytime soon seem equally unlikely. I know we keep hearing about guys placing orders and getting build dates a couple weeks later, but I think those are massive exceptions.

I have an order that was placed in the Aug 22 timeframe with a "clean unscheduled build" for $10k over. It has steering wheel heat delete and no auto start / stop, but I think other than that is is my exact desired spec. I can live with that. But it may not get built until next Aug 23 (or later) even though my dealer does have one 37 PP allocation (only this one).

So do you buy one of these "watered down" ones (not sure I agree with that phrase for a Gen 3 Raptor ever...) in the interim and then trade it in if/when your build shows up? Yes, its $5k over MSRP which totally sucks and always will but if you are driving a Gen 3 Raptor for a full year and it doesn't lose much if any value in that time period that probably makes sense. I drive a 2022 Limited right now that I love. But the suspension is nothing compared to a Gen 3 37 Package. I think I can live with all these deletes to be in an awesome truck a lot sooner. And if my order comes through sooner than expected, the other one probably hasn't depreciated at all by that point. Am I crazy?
65D5EC86-8E77-4EB9-8D09-2131CDF74115.jpeg
55A72276-E377-459B-B83C-263CD1056C4B.jpeg
I use the term watered down when the same model as mine has less options (no pro power, tailgate step, appliqué, ambient lighting, heated steering wheel, on and on). But a Raptor is mostly defined by it’s physical features. Most prominently it’s front hood and tailgate. The CO pictured is a true Raptor. The black could pass for any Ford pickup. When I pass someone on the road they know it’s a Raptor. Ones without an appliqué they’re figuring it’s a Ford Lariat. And folks think it’s such a great deal to get these watered down Raptors at MSRP. And some pay over. Again, I’d have a hard time paying $5k under.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
View attachment 380228
View attachment 380229
I use the term watered down when the same model as mine has less options (no pro power, tailgate step, appliqué, ambient lighting, heated steering wheel, on and on). But a Raptor is mostly defined by it’s physical features. Most prominently it’s front hood and tailgate. The CO pictured is a true Raptor. The black could pass for and Ford pickup. When I pass someone on the road they know it’s a Raptor. Ones without an appliqué they’re figuring it’s a Ford Lariat. And folks think it’s such a great deal to get these watered down Raptors at MSRP. And some pay over. Again, I’d have a hard time paying $5k under.
We get it already. It's a Raptor forum. This is how the Raptors are coming now. Let it go.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d have a hard time paying $5k under MSRP.
Yes, you will have a hard time paying that because you ain’t finding one at invoice.

An appliqué and heated steering wheel ain’t devaluing a 37 PP Gen 3. Nice try though.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
Yes, you will have a hard time paying that because you ain’t finding one at invoice.

An appliqué and heated steering wheel ain’t devaluing a 37 PP Gen 3. Nice try though.
Which would get the higher price. One without or one with? That seems devalued to me. Nice try though.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
We get it already. It's a Raptor forum. This is how the Raptors are coming now. Let it go.
My point is folks go all gaga over buying at MSRP regardless of whatever Ford crams down their throats. Even these lesser built Raptors.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My point is folks go all gaga over buying at MSRP regardless of whatever Ford crams down their throats. Even these lesser built Raptors.
And your bitching about isn't gonna change a thing. As far as this forum is concerned there are 2 types of people, those with a Raptor and those without. Your grievance has been duly noted, several times.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
And your bitching about isn't gonna change a thing. As far as this forum is concerned there are 2 types of people, those with a Raptor and those without. Your grievance has been duly noted, several times.
It’s not bitching or a grievance. It’s an opinion. And if you don’t like my opinion you can ignore it. You responded to an opinion I left for someone else.

SilverTT

Reaction score
I think the point is "even these lesser built" Raptor 37s are the best truck in the world today even at 5k or 10k over MSRP. How do I know this is a fact? Because they sell for that price every single day. If / when that changes the "fully built" Raptors will also depreciate. But that day is not today. And with the supply chain issues that day may last until 2024 or beyond.