My dash cam footage of a neon driver with a death wish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
oh yeah... I remember 295 was an absolute free for all from Bolling to the exits to the beltway.

Man, I totally do not miss that clown show. Do you remember the W.W. bridge jumper? that was a long day. I was on my bike, inner loop by Rt. 5 and saw a SEA of brake lights and dove for the Rt. 5 south exit to get towards Accokeek. I didn’t think anything about it until my wife called asking how to get home from Tyson’s Corner. It took her 3.5 hours.

I think the north side of the beltway ; the Carousel section before the 355 exit was the most dreaded for me. It’s not bad but man, if it’s raining, people lose their $hit.

pavendort

Reaction score
I used to have a Neon SRT4 back in my younger and dumb street racing days. Was sitting around 440 wheel horsepower when I was done with it. Traded it on on something slow. I actually haven't seen one on the road in about 10 years, probably because they are all highly modified and driven like that.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
oh yeah... I remember 295 was an absolute free for all from Bolling to the exits to the beltway.

Man, I totally do not miss that clown show. Do you remember the W.W. bridge jumper? that was a long day. I was on my bike, inner loop by Rt. 5 and saw a SEA of brake lights and dove for the Rt. 5 south exit to get towards Accokeek. I didn’t think anything about it until my wife called asking how to get home from Tyson’s Corner. It took her 3.5 hours.

I think the north side of the beltway ; the Carousel section before the 355 exit was the most dreaded for me. It’s not bad but man, if it’s raining, people lose their $hit.
I remember Lenny Skutnik jumping from the 14th Street bridge into the Potomac when Air Florida Flt 90 crashed in January 1982. That F'd traffic pretty bad, too, but that's an acceptable reason for traffic to be F'd in that area.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I remember Lenny Skutnik jumping from the 14th Street bridge into the Potomac when Air Florida Flt 90 crashed in January 1982. That F'd traffic pretty bad, too, but that's an acceptable reason for traffic to be F'd in that area.
Jr. High school IIRC.

So I’m home early, and getting a jump on homework because this is just before I realized I knew everything :-/
Old man gets home because Fed Gov went on liberal leave that day. “Why aren’t you watching TV?"
because... I’m doing homework? Normally y’all want me done with homework before i start doing nothing
“turn on the tv! A plane just crashed into the 14th street bridge"
Okay... homework can wait.

Parents, AMIRITE?

This prompted Howard Stern to call air florida to ask how much a fare was to the 14th street bridge ;which prompted DC101 to fire him and hire the Greaseman - who was infinitely better.

that was a heck of a day.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neon is an idiot, but it's clear the OP is the one that needs to learn to drive.

robl3577

Reaction score
I drive faster than most people but if someone comes up on me I always let them go. I do that because it really chaps my ass when I pull up on someone going slower than me in the left lane and they refuse to yield. Not saying you did that because the video may not have told the whole story, but don't get involved with other people on the street. Let em go and never think about them again. Not worth your time

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to lift off the gas when someone tailgates me like that and, if possible, drift onto the shoulder a little where all the loose gravel usually is. Eventually I'll get out of their way if they don't back off but I reaaaaaallllllly take my time. I'll hit my signal and take forever to move over, too. I know this makes their miserable life just a smidge worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc