Mud Flaps - should I / should I not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Are the gravel, mud, rocks, etc. a problem more with truck wheel/well size and design than other vehicles? I don't have mud flaps on our SUV (Q7) and haven't had any paint chipping issues.
The body sits a lot higher from the ground, so there's more opportunity for gravel to escape.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I would rather apply PPF than mud flaps. Just wait till you get stuck in mud or snow and have to back up ....and the flaps get ripped off or bent into the tire.
I have torn off a couple of front flaps backing down obstacles in the past. Still worth having, IMO. I'm running Rockblox, so they're flexible and less likely to break when dropping off a step. The truck looks fine with them on. But then I'm not a latte-sipping ******. :)

Last edited:

Ryed

Reaction score
tempImageO6ErJV.jpgI Live in Vermont where we have all kinds of ****** weather, including a season dedicated to mud. I won't be doing a lot of hardcore off road driving, but am constantly on gravel, dirt, and class 4 (not maintained by town/county/state) roads. I like the Rokblox flaps and think they did a decent job with the design. The rears taper in perfectly with the fender flair angle.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 357683I Live in Vermont where we have all kinds of ****** weather, including a season dedicated to mud. I won't be doing a lot of hardcore off road driving, but am constantly on gravel, dirt, and class 4 (not maintained by town/county/state) roads. I like the Rokblox flaps and think they did a decent job with the design. The rears taper in perfectly with the fender flair angle.
Are those original size or the XL size. I see two sizes on their website. Your's look like its larger than one shown on site. https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-f-150-raptor-2021-mud-flaps?variant=39693951107115 thx

OP
OP
T

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Vortex on my Gen1 and will put them on my Gen3. They look badass!
Just checked them out, they do look nice. But can't find ones specific to the Gen 3. Please post pictures once you do.