MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18 Raptor MPT PRX 93 tune, Costco 93 octane gas. Had one episode of "detonation/hesitation" occur accelerating onto a freeway at 3/4 throttle where I felt a backfire, loss of power, then the oil pressure gauge read zero. Pulled over, check for leaks - none, restarted truck and oil pressure was normal truck ran normal.

Fast forward 2 weeks and same problem occurred today. Visual inspection shows no obvious boost leaks, oil leaks, nada.

Any ideas?

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The low oil pressure is a concern. Some here have reported that in both tuned and stock. You are best to go back to stock tune asap and keep driving until the issue reappears. Then, take to dealer. If you take it in now, you will get a denied warranty pretty quick.

Last edited:

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The low oil pressure is a concern. Some here have reported that in both tuned and stock. You are best to go back to stock tune asap and keep driving until the issue reappears. Then, take to dealer. If you jyju take it in now, you will get a denied warranty pretty quick.

Sasquatch.... where have you been?

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the oil pressure is a glitch - reads zero after the stumble but as soon as you restart the engine it shows real pressure again. I read the DTC codes and its P0365 and P0389 for cam sensor error banks A&B. Resetting the DTC codes immediately restores normal operation even when the vehicle is in motion

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question for all you gotta get a tune guys. My friends running bully dog tunes on their powerstrokes motors tell me that their tunes are set to go into " limp mod" if the engine capacity set parameters are exceeded is this not achievable for the raptor motor? Would make perfect sense as opposed to doing engine damage.

Last edited:

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the vents have changed, where are you Gen 2 guys who are already running a tune mounting the tuner/control unit itself?

Pics?

Last edited:

swanstreaming

Reaction score
Since the vents have changed, where are you Gen 2 guys who are already running a tune mounting the tuner/control unit itself?

Pics?

Mine stays in the glove compartment. No info on it I really need, and don’t want to clutter up dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got into a bad tank of gas. Knock sensors went nuts. Backed off a couple gears on the hills to keep things normal. Burnt half a tank and refilled with 93. It helped but took a couple tanks to straighten out. Couldn't tell driving but gauge was talking