MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mpt sent me a version 2 of all the tunes I got from them. I haven’t loaded yet due to been gone working a lot but I hope it smooths out 4th to 5th gear. That shift is very hard and seems like it pauses or something during the shift. Nothing really bad though, I’ve been running it for months now. Has anybody installed the version 2 and can give me any idea of what the changes are. I apologize if it’s already in this thread. I haven’t read through it entirely. Thanks

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mpt sent me a version 2 of all the tunes I got from them. I haven’t loaded yet due to been gone working a lot but I hope it smooths out 4th to 5th gear. That shift is very hard and seems like it pauses or something during the shift. Nothing really bad though, I’ve been running it for months now. Has anybody installed the version 2 and can give me any idea of what the changes are. I apologize if it’s already in this thread. I haven’t read through it entirely. Thanks

Hmmmm? Strange... This is what you just said in another thread (see link)

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/1252041-post155.html

So which is it, MPT or Ford Performance that's causing the problem you're having, or not having?

VSTOLG4

Reaction score

Was told by MPT that the boost comes on a little later on the new profile and the off the line should feel slightly less than before. Said overall power isn't any less just the initial onset. Off the line can be throttle gain boosted if you ask them.

I have ran back to back test of my older and newer tunes. My older tune feels better (stronger), has more off the line boost, and shifts about the same.

Im keeping the new tune installed because MPT said they fixed a few errors, mainly the xmas tree of lights with A.C.C.

dhh93

Reaction score
Got my tunes yesterday and installed the 93 PRX, well needless to say i dont think ill even be experimenting with the tow tune, this 93 PRX is great. Honestly i noticed that the off the line power isnt like i expected to be but its still a different truck it seems like. Havent had a chance to test my ACC yet but everything else is awesome. Shifts are perfect. I wont be looking back from this.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my tunes yesterday and installed the 93 PRX, well needless to say i dont think ill even be experimenting with the tow tune, this 93 PRX is great. Honestly i noticed that the off the line power isnt like i expected to be but its still a different truck it seems like. Havent had a chance to test my ACC yet but everything else is awesome. Shifts are perfect. I wont be looking back from this.

The latest version of the PRX had reduced throttle "juicing". Just give it more gas, and you'll be happy I'd imagine.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is good news...are you running any other type of aftermarket additions...intercooler, CAI, exhaust? Thinking about pulling the trigger on an Intercooler prior to getting my tunes.

dhh93

Reaction score
This is good news...are you running any other type of aftermarket additions...intercooler, CAI, exhaust? Thinking about pulling the trigger on an Intercooler prior to getting my tunes.

no my truck is bone stock other than the mpt tune. watching the temps on my ngauge i dont really see the necessity of adding a intercooler. And ive made some HEAVY pulls in the past 24 hours playing around. But then again its been 30-45 degrees outside so i guess the coming summer months will tell all.

But the owner of the dealership that i deal with told me he would make sure i was taken care of in the event of a failure and keep my warranty just to flash back to stock when i brought it in, but he told me not to make and major hardware changes like changing a intercooler. So if i can avoid it i definitely will.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

The latest version of the PRX had reduced throttle "juicing". Just give it more gas, and you'll be happy I'd imagine.

yeah i mean im happy. its not touchy like i expected so thats a good thing. i was just expecting that after reading hours and hours on these forums about how people said their wives were scared to drive it and it wasnt comfortable for DD and all that. The power is there for sure advancetrac off and a little power brake and the thing broke sideways taking off. its a rocket off the line like that, but taking off normal its a very smooth comfortable takeoff.

dhh93

Reaction score
Also just curious what’s the max boost you guys have seen the 93 prx tune go up to. Just looked at the data log and most I saw is 18.4 is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also just curious what’s the max boost you guys have seen the 93 prx tune go up to. Just looked at the data log and most I saw is 18.4 is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's about right. The max boost runs around 17-19psi at WOT. I've seen as high as 19.6, but the max boost seen depends on the Torque/Load targets, and it (boost/MAP) changes with the temp/air density. The ecoboost ECU doesn't target boost. It is as required to hit Torque/Load targets, but MAP has a "desired" value as requested by the pedal input and a max allowed value. They won't lay it all out in detail, but MPT (and the other "tuners") set the Torque/Load targets and the MAP max allowed a bit higher than stock and the max MAP allowed is usually attained. Then the throttle closes/adjusts to keep the boost at max allowed while still targeting the Torque/Load target. Even though the throttle is modulating in opening area, the thrust you feel is consistent due to the Torque/Load/MAP targets being relatively steadily maintained. Make sense?