MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a waste of time. You have your opinion, and your set in it. I have plenty of tangible proof. My 13 dyno numbers before and after. I should have done this one as well to shut up guys like you who get on here and act like your an authority. What is it that you do for a living? Do you tune car full time for a living? I actually seek out leaders in the industry to invest my money with and trust their judgement because of their reputation. Just like every other person does who does not have experience in this or any field for that matter. So you can adjust a tune...great job! Talked to my guy this morning and he just laughed at your post and said what others on here are saying. The add ons add hp and improve the performance of the engine period. It's simple physics. There are plenty of guys who do have proof just like i do on my 13. For gods sake, someone please post some before and after dyno numbers for these retards.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And we are off the rails lol. I’m in the show me group. CAI intakes are basically for show on a modern performance vehicle is what I have gathered from all my research here and on the ZL1 forum. If there is a gain it’s minimal. As far as the other options go the IC upgrade seems to be proven as far as providing staying power in the heat. Did anyone have there truck dynoed with just a tune then re-dynoed as they added CAI, exhaust, down tubes, intercooler and so on? Im also on Harley forum and on Harleys the exhaust and intake does make a difference and it’s proven. They dyno with each mod and build and facts prove out.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish i had done it like i did my 13 so i could just post the results. The inter cooler absolutely has to increase it. Especially in hot areas like here. Someone on here must have some dyno info with before and afters.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dyno numbers are easily manipulated. Your guys can send me the run files, I'll show how easy it is. The only performance numbers that can't be inflated are sanctioned drag strips or road tracks. Note that I haven't ever said that ALL bolt-ons for ALL vehicles are not useful. I'm on the Raptor (Gen2) forum and am speaking specifically for the 3.5 EB HO Raptor. I have several other turbo vehicles that do not necessarily apply. Also note that for those specific modifications that I "claim" performance improvements, I have hard data to back it up for my purposes. Of course, I'm not trying to sell anything, so I don't spout off "claims". I do monitor many engine performance parameters, such as the Mass Air Flow, Actual Load, Barometric Pressure (as measured by the ECU) data that are the true indicators of airflow and performance balanced with actual atmospheric conditions. Of course, you will NEVER see such data posted by people trying to sell you their shit.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone would argue the inter cooler benefits, it’s wether or not you will see or take advantage of them based on climate and driving habits! I would love to see someone like weapon X play with a G2 raptor on a dyno and vet out facts from claims. Keep in mind all dynos have variances so for hard data the dyno and conditions need to be the same. It’s amazing how many companies play with there dynos to make there numbers look better. It’s crazy obvious on the Harley CVO forum as many people have the same or almost same builds with large differences in numbers!

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is kind of my point actually. I am not an expert, never claimed to be. I am smart guy who is very successful in business and when i do something, i do it to the fullest. This guy i use knows his shit. Came highly recommended from multiple very credible sources. I didnt buy one thing from him. i told him what i wanted out of my 13 and told me exactly what to get. From all different vendors. He didnt make a dime on the sale. He doesnt have a dyno either. So he is not making fake dyno results. i went to 2 different widely known dyno shops for my 13. My point is i know people make false claims to sell stuff all the time. My guy has no reason to tell me a lie. His reputation in the industry he works in is on the line. What Fordza is saying may be partly true, currently we have nothing to show one way or another. I just do not believe my guy would have me buy the stuff just to put in on there for fluff. It certainly is not fluff on my 13. I have hard results to prove it. And i am very confident the inter cooler upgrade is worth it. I would find it hard to believe the downpipe and exhaust do not help as well. Side by side before installations there was significant difference in sizing. Adapters could be ******** similar to the CAI. I simply trust what my guy is telling me and he said today they help and there is definitely a significant increase.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
….. I simply trust what my guy is telling me and he said today they help and there is definitely a significant increase.

There, that is all that's needed. You trust your guy and that's that. Perfectly fine for you and maybe even your 2013 because I have zero personal experience with that platform. I will NOT debate specific platforms unless I know my shit as well. The F150 has TWO cooling fans pulling air through the FMIC. That is a significant fact that most turbocharged vehicles do not have. Do you know at what temp they come on? At what temp they shut off? Is it coolant temp, ambient temp, intake air temp #1, intake air #2? If you can't answer these questions, then you have no idea WTF you're talking about and your "guy" doesn't either. He is basing his recommendations on what worked with vehicle x and maybe even vehicle y, but has he experience with the vehicle in debate here, the Gen2 Raptor 3.5 EB HO? The IC question SEEMs to be simple physics as an "upgraded" part certainly performs better then the OEM, right? Bigger is always better, right? Go back and study the physics of intercooler design.

This is why I try to never argue with idiots. They wear you down answering useless ******** until you tire of their idiocy and simply walk away. Then they claim victory. Similar to the democraps, leftards, and libtards, if not identical...

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would argue that your guy is not intentionally pushing you to buy things you don’t need but basing his assumptions on what has worked in the past in similar engine designs IE turbos, superchargers and NA motors. I doubt you got nothing out of your additional mods but possibly no where near enough to make them worth the $$$$ spent. I will say MPT who is obviously knowledgeable regarding these trucks didn’t seem to think a CAI would be anywhere near worth the $$$ spent from a power increase stand point. They did say that a better intercooler has shown to make an appreciable power difference when heat soaked Meaning staying power at high heat levels and repeated hard runs. I would even venture to guess if you called their tech department they could give you a good indication of the effectiveness of the other mods as well because I’m sure they have tested them. The fact that they don’t see a need for a retune when making these changes to me signifies the low impact on performance.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we certainly agree on the lefttards, democraps, and libtards! They can all go to Cali and secede for all i care with all the other whack job liberals. So to your point he does have some experience with the new eco boost. And still stands by the intercooler and exhaust debate. His comment today was about the "cumulative effect of all of them together". I wish someone on here would have done some pulls before and after just so we had a baseline to debate. Explain to me how if in theory the adapters(supposedly) and bigger downpipe and exhaust pipes get air in and out faster, how there wouldnt be at least some gains as it was obvious to the naked eye that the current set up was bigger than stock. This theory worked on my supercharged 13. I first supercharged it and tuned only, then decided i wanted more and did headers, downpipe, exhaust, cai, and throttle body. I picked just over 100rwhp with that addition. I have the dyno data on the same dyno in similar conditions to prove that upgrade. How does a turbo not get at least some of the same benefit from more air in and out with better air density? Forced induction? Am, i missing something?

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, this truck was designed and built as a turbo and therefore these items where built/spec to compliment the turbo from the factory. Your 6.2 truck was not factory built/spec to a supercharger. In fact to large of a diameter exhaust can hurt performance. The reason the cold air intake doesn’t add anything is because the intake and filter where already designed for max efficiancy.