Morimoto Headlights XB vs Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headlights on my 2013 Raptor are needing replacement. Too many years of busting around Baja and left them pitted and hazy. Yea I could try and polish but I figure swapping out will be the best option. My question is the $1400 XD's versus the $1000 Hybrids. Just curious on people's experience with both of them. I have a full offroad light setup (Baja Designs 20" lightbar, 2x LP9's and 6x Squadron Pros) so offroad lighting is not a problem. Is the $400 premium worth it from a performance standpoint for on street driving? Is there something extra special about the XD's that I am not aware of? Thanks everyone. Just want to make sure I am making the best educated decision.

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically the XB is fully LED, including the corner light and turn signal. It also has a 3rd LED projector for more output, and it can also be had with the AMBER led DRL. The Hybrid goes down to 2 LED projectors, no led turn signal and only white DRL.

XB is brighter…

OP
OP
R

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the summary. So basically is it worth an extra $400 for some fancier functions (LED turn signals) and some amount of increase in performance (3 versus 2 projectors). I have to admit the amber DRL's look pretty trick!

Reaction score
The Morimotos are hot sellers for us due to older headlights having oxidation, lot of rock chips, hazing, etc. We haven't had any problems with them and lot of Raptors owners are familiar with the brand since we usually have sold them a set for their Corvette or Porsche and they liked the quality of them.

For us, people do choose the XB over Hybrid for preference of looks.

-Josh