Morimoto XB Headlights Question (Got the Answer from Morimoto)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Raptor is a 2012, with some aftermarket headlight. I'm thinking of replacing with the XB or XB Hybrids.
Was HID available in 2012? I don't know what mine is.
Does it matter if it was Halogen or HID in order to use these Morimotos? From the website it doesn't seem like it matters.
Final and most important question:
I don't want the DRL option, so can I just skip the fuse box adaptor?
Will the perimeter LEDs come on with the parking lights if the DRL isn't used?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I had not found those guys yet.
I ordered the Morimoto Tail lights, grill, markers over the weekend. My headlights are aftermarket and were getting fogged up in high humidity and rain...so I have to swap those out. I like the XB Hybrids, I'm just trying to avoid the DRL on the perimeter band of LED. I'd rather them come on with the markers.
I do like the Raptor Retros also, I just can't spend $1300 when I have shocks and springs I want to do here soon.

OP
OP
J

jp4lsu

Reaction score
I posed the question to Morimoto, about not wanting to have the DRLs and only wanting the LEDs around the perimeter to come on when I turn the parking lights or headlights on.
Morimoto replied, saying don't plug the adaptor into the fuse box. This makes sense but I wasn't sure if they would come on if I left it unplugged from the fuse box.
They confirmed that the LEDs around the perimeter would come on with the parking/headlights.