More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Guy. So you're happy with the truck still using all 10 gears in normal mode with the 93prx tune? Or did you prefer the stock shifts where the gears get skipped?

The shifting algorithm is fantastic. All 10 gears are now used in an efficient and intelligent manner and the shifting is so smooth you don't notice.

I don't want to put down 5 star but it was very unpleasant and all 10 gears were a constant reminder that the truck wasn't sure where or how to shift.

This is like stock.... only incredibly better.

Last edited:

hmgt3

Reaction score
Very happy with the MPT's service. Got my tunes in less than 24hrs with the rush order. Will flash tomorrow and update. Like I mentioned before been running 5star tune. Only peeve was the gear shifts.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sounds fantastic, i think the engine can handle 20 psi,
my only worry is the 10 spd tranny, if it will handle the higher torque, the numbers look significant, hopefully it will

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very happy with the MPT's service. Got my tunes in less than 24hrs with the rush order. Will flash tomorrow and update. Like I mentioned before been running 5star tune. Only peeve was the gear shifts.

You don't realize it yet.... but when you flash the MPT tune... you're going to say... OMG... this is VERY different than the 5 star tune... in more ways than one.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no need to tune for downpipes Jayrod

It pops a CEL with the cats version from SW and Kooks none green most of the time. 5 star tunes it out. Not a huge deal you just have to keep turning the light off it doesn't effect performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmgt3

Reaction score
You don't realize it yet.... but when you flash the MPT tune... you're going to say... OMG... this is VERY different than the 5 star tune... in more ways than one.
Looking forward to experiencing that!!

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the tune 93 performance and its way better than 5 star. Again great folks but this tune is way better than my daily tune. Shifts like butter and rips your head off at WOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told you!

It's the holy grail. I agree 100 percent that the guys at 5 star are good folks and I don't have anything bad to say about them. They are nice and are trying hard. It's not that their tune is bad or doesn't increase power.... because it does give power...

It's just nothing like the MPT level of refinement and power delivery. I can't believe how my truck runs now.