More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff,

MPT has you run data logs before you go adventuring. I think 93 is very safe from them.

You will want their transmission logic. It's PHENOMENAL.

Is there a big difference between the 91 and 93 tunes? I was thinking about just doing the 91 from a safety standpoint even though 93 is readily available where I live (concern about 93 gas availability on trips and 91 wouldn't be as hard on the truck). Thoughts?

In addition, I am also having a hard time on what to do about shift firmness. Is what they send by default too firm, just right, etc...? I want to do what is best for the transmission, but I do not necessarily want to feel the truck jerk every time it changes gears. Is having them duplicate the smoothness of the stock normal shifts a dumb thing to do? I do not like when the current transmission chooses to shift up or down etc...., but it's shift crispness in normal mode is fine with me whereas sport feels a little too firm. Is there a better set up than asking for that?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Can you post a picture on how the n tune module is mounted? Thanks - Mike

I didn't mount mine. I just plugged it in, flashed the tune, data logged. I plugged.

It has a suction mount if you really want to drive around with it but I'm not sure why yOu would.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on a tune, but after this I think that I'd be stupid not to!

Have you tried Baja mode? Do they advertise any changes to the rpm/shifting/anti-lag to it?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been holding out for MPT tunes for my SCT x4. The hold up is on SCT's end, they don't support the 2017 Raptor yet.
I didn't really want to buy a new tuner, but I'm about to give in.

hmgt3

Reaction score
I'm sold. I have the 5Star tuning tunes too. Been driving on the 93 performance tune. I love the power but I feel it's just not refined enough for everyday street driving. Hoping that these tunes from Mpt will be my Goldilocks solution.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on a tune, but after this I think that I'd be stupid not to!

Have you tried Baja mode? Do they advertise any changes to the rpm/shifting/anti-lag to it?

Baja mode is stellar as well... and it has all the benefits of the other modes.

As far as SCT.... word on the street is that they may never release support for the Raptor. That's one of the reasons MPT went to NGAUGE for it. They spent months refining and testing their tunes. They did a month of just straight dyno work... not counting the street testing... tow testing.... etc.... it's as professional as I've seen in the aftermarket world.

All their hard work shows.

And yes I think you will find it is the Goldilocks tune.

Everyone else will start chiming in as they load their tunes too. They really stressed that they want to review data logs. In fact I have to do some more logs this week. It's their final look at the tune after the trucks adaptive software does its thing.

On a side note I'm aggravated. The neighbor kids clocked a football into my passenger side door and I can see an indentation that I can't accept. No sooner I get my truck exactly how I want it and the little jerks just set me up for a trip to the body shop. I pulled the door panel. It's behind a strut so you're can't PDR it. Of course... after my miniature temper tantrum I reminded myself that when I was 14 I had no problems bouncing a football off the hood of my dads truck.... back then though.... steel was so darn heavy nothing happened...

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja mode is stellar as well... and it has all the benefits of the other modes.

As far as SCT.... word on the street is that they may never release support for the Raptor. That's one of the reasons MPT went to NGAUGE for it. They spent months refining and testing their tunes. They did a month of just straight dyno work... not counting the street testing... tow testing.... etc.... it's as professional as I've seen in the aftermarket world.

All their hard work shows.

And yes I think you will find it is the Goldilocks tune.

Everyone else will start chiming in as they load their tunes too. They really stressed that they want to review data logs. In fact I have to do some more logs this week. It's their final look at the tune after the trucks adaptive software does its thing.

On a side note I'm aggravated. The neighbor kids clocked a football into my passenger side door and I can see an indentation that I can't accept. No sooner I get my truck exactly how I want it and the little jerks just set me up for a trip to the body shop. I pulled the door panel. It's behind a strut so you're can't PDR it. Of course... after my miniature temper tantrum I reminded myself that when I was 14 I had no problems bouncing a football off the hood of my dads truck.... back then though.... steel was so darn heavy nothing happened...

I am really sorry to hear about your door panel; I am having sympathy pains for you. Sounds lile it might have been a legit accident and not a lack of respect.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really sorry to hear about your door panel; I am having sympathy pains for you. Sounds lile it might have been a legit accident and not a lack of respect.

It was kids being kids. At least they weren't sitting in front of a TV or on an iPhone.... they were tossing the ball and it got away from them.

Life happens... I'm fortunate that I can get it fixed and I have a great body guy. Comes down to... I wouldn't/shouldn't have bought the truck if I wasn't prepared to take care of it or maintain it. If it wasn't these kids with a ball... easily could be a door ding in a parking lot....