Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update I have installed the NGK 6509 plugs in and still have the same issue. I guess next is the camshaft position sensor from the dealer.
The PCM will set DTCs if the Camshaft position sensor signal is erratic, invalid, or missing. It can cause driveability problems but generally won’t cause misfires. The misfire monitor uses the crankshaft position sensor to determine if a cylinder is not contributing, which then sets the corresponding misfire DTCs. I’d recommend having it properly diagnosed before replacing any parts, especially with aftermarket ones.

OP
OP
T

Tocostew

Reaction score
I have taken it to a shop and they have done a compression check, check the injectors, it has new plugs, wires and coils, checked it for a broken valve spring, nothing there. I did put an after market camshaft position sensor on it. Could that be an issue since it’s not the OEM. It sure what else to try. Two shops so far and nothing

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Yes, oil pump is behind the timing chains. If the timing is off by a tooth or two it can run, but it will run poorly.
Are you not trying to hear this? Check the timing. Wouldn’t be the first time someone missed the marks. If you’ve done coils,plugs, wires and it seems to move around still I’d check the chains and make sure it’s properly in time. Otherwise at this point you’re only wasting time here and money there. It’s often tough to get a mechanic to admit the possibility of error so good luck.

OP
OP
T

Tocostew

Reaction score
Are you not trying to hear this? Check the timing. Wouldn’t be the first time someone missed the marks. If you’ve done coils,plugs, wires and it seems to move around still I’d check the chains and make sure it’s properly in time. Otherwise at this point you’re only wasting time here and money there. It’s often tough to get a mechanic to admit the possibility of error so good luck.
Ok thanks I’ll have it looked at again.