Can’t figure it out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tocostew

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 2011 6.2l. I have my check engine light come on, pulled the code and it was a misfire on cylinder two. So things I have done are replacing all spark plugs with the NGK 6509 replaced all wires replaced the coils had a compression check done changed out injector Changed out camshaft position sensor and still no luck on clearing the cylinder two misfire. What am I missing?

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
I was getting the same on cyl #3. It was very intermittent. I pulled the throttle body, and it was DIRTY. Cleaned the TB and the MAF and have not had a close in 2 weeks. Just a thought.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It could be a coil or injector circuit issue, not necessarily a component failure. What DTCs are setting? CMP sensor will not cause a single cylinder misfire.

OP
OP
T

Tocostew

Reaction score
It could be a coil or injector circuit issue, not necessarily a component failure. What DTCs are setting? CMP sensor will not cause a single cylinder misfire.
P0302 and P0303 the suggestions were to change injector on the readout but that has already been done.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
P0302 and P0303 the suggestions were to change injector on the readout but that has already been done.
The parts shown on a generic scanner are just guesses/possible causes. It needs to be properly diagnosed to determine the actual root cause.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter