Mint 400 Route from Reno to Vegas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
offroad route from Reno to Vegas

Has anyone on the forum run the road / trail from Reno to Vegas that they run the Mint 400 race on. I wanted to know if it was open land or private land? Is it a bonified route you can just run or do you need some special permission. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Keith

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

ok, its not the mint 400, but I understand there is an off-road race from reno to vegas on this route.

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your thinking of Vegas to Reno in the Best In the Desert series. The course changes every year

intencity

Reaction score
Has anyone on the forum run the road / trail from Reno to Vegas that they run the Mint 400 race on. I wanted to know if it was open land or private land? Is it a bonified route you can just run or do you need some special permission. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Keith

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

ok, its not the mint 400, but I understand there is an off-road race from reno to vegas on this route.

The Mint 400 is about a 5 mile course in vegas, you may be thinking of the General Tire race "Vegas to Reno" I think most of the trail is BLM and Death Valley National park. You can download the maps at the link below. This would be a fun little adventure.

DOWNLOADS: 2013 Best In The Desert Vegas To Reno Info - Maps / GPS Files / Pit Books / Chase Notes / Rules

OP
OP
Kmandoske

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You so much, the website was exactly what i wanted, grabbed the GPX file for motion X, I'm trying to plan a trip out west in late September or early October to hit the route and play around Las Vegas, Lake Havasu and Glamis. I'm hoping some of you locals can help us and guide us flat landers around. Thanks again.

Also, Can you just run there roads / trails on your own or do you need a permit from the BLM or other agency? If I went with 5 or 10 trucks?

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd have to talk with some of the Vegas locals. There's probably just a permit needed as long as it isn't advertised as an event.

Oh and just to clarify, the Mint course is 150 miles, not 5.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think we need to get nvguy involved. i am in reno right now and him and i were talking about planning something like this. a couple hours later i am finding this thread. weird....

anyways, as bob and i were blowing off ammo, we were kicking this idea around about an offroad trip. i can get you guys in contact with him if you want to plan something out

intencity

Reaction score
You'd have to talk with some of the Vegas locals. There's probably just a permit needed as long as it isn't advertised as an event.

Oh and just to clarify, the Mint course is 150 miles, not 5.

My typo I meant to say 50 but that is also incorrect. The 2012 course was 92 mile loop between Primm and Vegas.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My understanding is some of the route runs through private land. Other than that you shouldn't need any permits.

If you want to head out earlier, we'll be doing a run out of Carson City (just south of Reno) in late April or early May. Should be about 500 miles.

My guess is there will also be a run around the time you plan to be out here.