MIFFED! ...pesky neighbors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goof off works great, is quick and evaporates pretty quick so it won't sit on the paint (a cheaper alternative to Good Off is simple charcoal bbq lighter fluid, but Goof Off is a little less concentrated so I always stay with the Goof).
Also, anything that takes off the sap, tar, etc. will strip the wax (or whatever surface protectant you have) so plan on reapplying that when totally done.

If you want to talk to your neighbor about alternatives to pine tar dust abatement applicant (besides the fact that if he applied this to a county owned/eased road he is in violation of state rule, as a private party cannot apply dust abatement without a permit), there are lots of options that are cheaper, more effective and don't cause the sticky problem. Examples are lignite (basically coal ash), or PAM (polyacrylamide), are the ones that commonly come to mind, as they get mixed in the tank of a water truck and simply sprayed on the road, the water evaporates and the resultant is a sort of dust compound that promotes the native dust particles to bond to each other without the stick (the suppressants have a slight positive electrical charge and the native fine dust particles have a slight negative charge-it's like Chuck Woolery bringing the two together).

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made the mistake of driving down a road that was freshly re coated in my old F250 and the wheel wells and both sides were covered in a black tar like substance. My brother recommended using diesel fuel for removal and it worked like a charm.

Mark

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well they put it down here, MD. But they put the gravel on top and pack it down.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Use gasoline it has worked well for me. Just rinse off as soon as it removes the tar

I made the mistake of driving down a road that was freshly re coated in my old F250 and the wheel wells and both sides were covered in a black tar like substance. My brother recommended using diesel fuel for removal and it worked like a charm.

Mark

Kerosene in a spray bottle that's all you need

I just want to be sure we’re all on the same page here. We’re talking about using gasoline, diesel fuel or Kerosene on the neighbor, not the truck. Right?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jumped in the Raptor this morning for a town trip and 100 feet onto the main gravel road I hit the goo. I was another 50 foot into the goo before I realized WTF! My neighbor had "dust abatement" applied to the county road for about 100 yards and this crap is still fresh, only hours old. It is liquefied pine tar and now it is all over my Raptor. Fifteen minutes to town and strait to the buggy pressure wash. The wash got about 80% of it off before it set up but the rest is going to be clay bar. My wheel wells and fox shocks are a mess. Have had this "neighbor" for 40 years and he has been a pain in the A$$ every since. His wife is, on the other hand a wonderful woman. Always polite and smiling. But the pain in the A$$ is constantly causing one problem after another.

Anyone know of and "easy solution" getting this crap off?
Try Baby Oil. it'll dissolve oil based paints. I learned that from a painter friend of mine. He uses it to clean up himself after painting with oil based paints. works like a charm. I am not sure if it'll work on that but it's worth a try. The least amount of chemicals the better IMO.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Try Baby Oil. it'll dissolve oil based paints. I learned that from a painter friend of mine. He uses it to clean up himself after painting with oil based paints. works like a charm. I am not sure if it'll work on that but it's worth a try. The least amount of chemicals the better IMO.
Ok, first we’re hosing down the neighbor with flammables and now the thread is taking a decidedly @Oldfart themed turn...

SO... we’re coating the neighbor in baby oil now?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just talking about cleaning the goo off the truck with it cus it does dissolve oil based products

but now if his neighbors wife is hot he could use it on her. guess thats a way of getting back at him