MFT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Men you don't know what you are missing... Soon as I found one I can't keep my hands off it...

well played, sir

Actually I really like the center stack on the 2013. Was contemplating trading in my 4 month old 2012 on the 2013 just for that and the parking assist. If it's possible and anybody with a 13 wants the 12 stack and Sync, hit me up I'll swap you.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont get it. go aftermarket instead. pioneer or alpine would be better.

Just curious what you'd recommend specifically busa. I'm all for aftermarket as long as I'm not losing any functionality. Anything that could be done for like a 1k, 1500 tops?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious what you'd recommend specifically busa. I'm all for aftermarket as long as I'm not losing any functionality. Anything that could be done for like a 1k, 1500 tops?
pioneer avic z140bh. you can probably get otd for $1500. if you go with the alpine 928, it will be more because of the perfect fit kit necessary to hold the larger screen.
the alpine will have better sound quality, but i dont like the auto dimming feature or the nav layout.
the pioneer has a much better nav interface for me, it also comes with nav traffic. but the sound quality is less than what i want.
either way, as a normal person you probably wont notice a difference in sound quality. its when you start adding high end speakers and amps to the setup is where you will find you need a sound processor....... for both units.
but go into a shop and mess around with the units and see which one you like better.
once kenwood figures out how to have better sound quality, ease of use (nav and audio/video) and general relability, then i would add them to this list.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you are crazy for wanting to update to the MFT!!! The old system is frankly a better system in my opinion. One of the biggest drawbacks on the MFT is the fact that you can't even see the NAV map on the homescreen. It just displays a stupid compass. At least on the old screen you could see where you were going on the home page.

Mine shows me the turn by turn directions on the home screen.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not happy with mft, (or any oem audio for that matter) but i have no choice right now. im looking at options for removal without losing certain functions.

ejlmoney

Reaction score
im not happy with mft, (or any oem audio for that matter) but i have no choice right now. im looking at options for removal without losing certain functions.

What is it you're not happy with? I don't have anything to compare it to. To me, it's been pretty seamless and easy to use.

The subwoofer is TERRIBLE. The rest of the audio system is "meh". I'm actually embarrassed for Ford. I can't believe they put an audio system this poor in a marquee truck. (Obviously Sony isn't a go to name in the audio world but....)
Couldn't the poor audio be remedied by better speakers and additional amps?

****Tangent*****
It seems that hi-fi doesn't even exist anymore. MP3 and streaming are such low quality that it's difficult to justify big $$$ to audio reproduction (speakers and amps) Your thoughts?
****Tangent over******

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, you need to remember i have a car audio shop, so i have certain criteria that i can base it off of. but, the oem audio systems always suck. the sound quality sucks, the preset eq curve sucks, the way the controls work, sucks, having to deal with voice commands that suck, sucks. i would be much happier with my z140 in there instead. getting ready for a big focal speaker upgrade soon. unfortunately there is no way to take out the screen yet, so im stuck with this damn sync bitch.... about as annoying as siri.