GEN 2 Metra A2B Interface?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. I’ll try it that way first. My alpine processor is powered I might route chimes and prompts back to factory speakers that I’m not replacing. Can we relocate the power window motor? My amps are big. I used to get 3 large amps on the back wall on 2006 model. Audio harness and zen are in the far left, seems like the factory harness has some slack. Or did you extend the harness?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made my own harnesses to extend the units to the far left. The rear window motor is pretty flush already. You will need to flip the two modules mounted to the back wall so they also sit flush. I used double stick Velcro to to attach them.

What speakers would you not being using? I am confused as to why you wouldn’t just let the zen process the chimes? The chime levels are adjustable that way.

2F150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made my own harnesses to extend the units to the far left. The rear window motor is pretty flush already. You will need to flip the two modules mounted to the back wall so they also sit flush. I used double stick Velcro to to attach them.

What speakers would you not being using? I am confused as to why you wouldn’t just let the zen process the chimes? The chime levels are adjustable that way.

Ok makes sense. I’ll tear it down tomorrow and start my install. It helps to have a heads up.

I’m adding 3 way up front, keeping stock center and stock rears. I’d like the nav to continue through the center and sensors to continue through rears. Zen will process chimes I think the channels are assignable. Just ordered my zen with the reduced pricing. My plans might change when I see the zen software.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok makes sense. I’ll tear it down tomorrow and start my install. It helps to have a heads up.

I’m adding 3 way up front, keeping stock center and stock rears. I’d like the nav to continue through the center and sensors to continue through rears. Zen will process chimes I think the channels are assignable. Just ordered my zen with the reduced pricing. My plans might change when I see the zen software.

Your center will not be retained because you are removing the b&o amp that powers it. Further, the zen will automatically re-route the center channel alerts to the front left and right. The rear alerts will still run through the rear speakers as long as they are amplified like the fronts.

2F150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your center will not be retained because you are removing the b&o amp that powers it. Further, the zen will automatically re-route the center channel alerts to the front left and right. The rear alerts will still run through the rear speakers as long as they are amplified like the fronts.

Correct. I plan to use analog outs from zen to processor. This way it’s not all routed to 2 channel. We talked before about toslink being 2 channel only. Alpine processor has powered output to drive the center and rears. Again, my plans may change if my assumptions of the zen features are wrong.

Trying to avoid using my new components for the alerts but maybe it’s no big deal. Do you think my plan can work?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. I plan to use analog outs from zen to processor. This way it’s not all routed to 2 channel. We talked before about toslink being 2 channel only. Alpine processor has powered output to drive the center and rears. Again, my plans may change if my assumptions of the zen features are wrong.

Trying to avoid using my new components for the alerts but maybe it’s no big deal. Do you think my plan can work?

Are you running 3-way active in the front?

What amps are you running for all of your channels?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2F150

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Of course active. Tru amps for music and alpine processor powering center and rear.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I’ll try it out see how it sounds. Some guys like it but the Audison guys hate it.

I wouldn’t trust the Audison guys lol. Those processors aren’t worth much.