Me Raptor go putt putt boom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whataboutbob

Reaction score
Well on my way to work today and just after getting on the main road the motor make 2 lurching noises and dies. 2010 with 16k miles on it, never been off roading and I have to deal with this. It's at the dealers now and I wont know until sometime tomorrow what it wrong.

The motor starts but has a rough idle and knocking sound. I plan on getting really drunk tonight. I think the wait is the worse part. Only mods Ive done is an AFE CAI with powercore filter and a Borla cat back. Hoping those dont come into play with this problem, my imagination is running wild at the moment.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well on my way to work today and just after getting on the main road the motor make 2 lurching noises and dies. 2010 with 16k miles on it, never been off roading and I have to deal with this. It's at the dealers now and I wont know until sometime tomorrow what it wrong.

The motor starts but has a rough idle and knocking sound. I plan on getting really drunk tonight. I think the wait is the worse part. Only mods Ive done is an AFE CAI with powercore filter and a Borla cat back. Hoping those dont come into play with this problem, my imagination is running wild at the moment.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope it's nothing serious. Were you running a tune with the CAI?

Good luck and let us know what the dealer says.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same thing happen on my 05 GT once. The air filter fell off. :uhoh2: It was real embarassing when the dealer told me.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kind of had the same issue with mine.. It turned out to be canister purge valve was the cause of dying, misfiring, and backfiring.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
whataboutbob

whataboutbob

Reaction score
Is this what you mean by lurching? ha ha ha[/url]

Funny as that is, Yes where he makes those sounds in the middle it sounds almost like that.

Im running stock tune with my CAI.

I did notice that my Remote Start didnt work but I just ignored that at the time. It started, idled, and drove through the parking lot just fine. Got on the Gas to merge onto the road and thats when it hit the fan.

Got my fingers crossed that its nothing major and gonna watch that vid again. I need a good laugh.

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like squatting dog said, check your canister purge valve. especially if you have been hearing a nice little tick from the engine ! 55 dollar part and two bolts

OP
OP
whataboutbob

whataboutbob

Reaction score
Like squatting dog said, check your canister purge valve. especially if you have been hearing a nice little tick from the engine ! 55 dollar part and two bolts

I have been hearing a ticking sound and I even posted in that TSB thread. Didn't think of it until now and its at the dealer at the moment so the warranty should cover it.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been hearing a ticking sound and I even posted in that TSB thread. Didn't think of it until now and its at the dealer at the moment so the warranty should cover it.

Just fyi.. Techs are pretty lazy.. In my opinion they are just glorified code readers... If there is not a code, then there is no problem found, can not duplicate issue..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)