MAXED OUT LIGHTS ON A 2019 Raptor! With New Universal NO DRILL Bumper Mounts and slotted Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet when all the lights are on, you can be seen from space! My son wants a job with you.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL.. Like the great wall of China...

In all, I think the best combo is the 4 6" 360 Lights. 2 Spot, 2 Driving. That would be my recommendation...

Would you pick the Rigid 360’s over the BD LP’s? I tend to lean toward Rigids in general, BUT I think for the round light, that BD hit it outta the park with their LP’s with 8750 lumens for the LP4’s and 10,300 lumens for each LP6 (and they just look bada$$)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would you pick the Rigid 360’s over the BD LP’s? I tend to lean toward Rigids in general, BUT I think for the round light, that BD hit it outta the park with their LP’s with 8750 lumens for the LP4’s and 10,300 lumens for each LP6 (and they just look bada$$)

Well, that's a good question. Here is the thing. I am going to give you the TRUTHFUL answer. When I say that, I am not going to say anyone particular is being dishonest on here. I am just saying when it comes to asking a vendor on here which one is better, they tend to tell you what THEY prefer or what THEY are trying to push at the time. I want to give you the Nuetral answer so YOU can decide.

So here it is. A lot of that decision is PERSONAL preference. Some like the style of one or the other. EVERYONE will give you a different opinion and it will always lean to what THEY like.

So here are the things to know when deciding.

First, Rigid and Baja are the two TOP recognized brands for aftermarket lighting. So you are already picking from the top 2. You aren't going to make some huge mistake with either one of them. Both have been around a long time and have withstood many things and they still stand. So you can feel comfortable that the lifetime warranty both offer are going to be good nonetheless.

So from there, I would compare the way people swear by one or the other like Ford and GM. Both are great products. Both have been around a long time. Both have proven themselves. Both are the top two brands in the USA. Neither is a bad product. However, you will have Chevy guys out there bashing the Ford and Vice Versa... Not because either have a leg to stand on, but because they are preferential.

Personally, I am a Ford guy. You probably are too. I personally like the Rigid product styles and options better. I like their design better. That's just me personally though. Again, both are great products.

I did a compare between the two a few weeks ago. Both on the same truck and then side by side.

The Baja Lights tend to be a bit smaller in case size, so they don't fill up the fog pockets as much. You may or may not like that. I like the Rigid better there (That is in the 3x3 pods) The Rigid Round 360 lights are 4" and slightly bigger. The Lumens are like HP. Some manufacturers stretch it more than others. I know I have compared Rigid lights with less advertised lumens than the BD counterpart and the Rigid was brighter, so the bigger number is better within brands, but I would want to see real hard data from a neutral source before I compared just a lumen number between them.

The LP4 Pro seem bulkier than the Rigid Pro D-Series and I am not sure how well they will fit in the pockets. The 360 Round is not comparable to either. Even the LP4 Round. The 4" Rigid 360's are a completely different case and they are much larger than the S4's but smaller than the LP4's. The LP6 is probably a closer compare to the 6" Rigid 360 light. But comparing the LP6 to the Rigid, the Rigid weighs probably half as much. In fact, I will take a pic of both side by side in a bit and post it, as well as weigh them both. Weight is important to me. The less a light like tis weighs, the more versatile it is to mount in many locations that it may otherwise have structural integrity issues on. (Like A-Pillar Mounts)
Both the LP6 and the 6' Rigid 360's have the backlight option.

John

Last edited:

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that's a good question. Here is the thing. I am going to give you the TRUTHFUL answer. When I say that, I am not going to say anyone particular is being dishonest on here. I am just saying when it comes to asking a vendor on here which one is better, they tend to tell you what THEY prefer or what THEY are trying to push at the time. I want to give you the Nuetral answer so YOU can decide.

So here it is. A lot of that decision is PERSONAL preference. Some like the style of one or the other. EVERYONE will give you a different opinion and it will always lean to what THEY like.

So here are the things to know when deciding.

First, Rigid and Baja are the two TOP recognized brands for aftermarket lighting. So you are already picking from the top 2. You aren't going to make some huge mistake with either one of them. Both have been around a long time and have withstood many things and they still stand. So you can feel comfortable that the lifetime warranty both offer are going to be good nonetheless.

So from there, I would compare the way people swear by one or the other like Ford and GM. Both are great products. Both have been around a long time. Both have proven themselves. Both are the top two brands in the USA. Neither is a bad product. However, you will have Chevy guys out there bashing the Ford and Vice Versa... Not because either have a leg to stand on, but because they are preferential.

Personally, I am a Ford guy. You probably are too. I personally like the Rigid product styles and options better. I like their design better. That's just me personally though. Again, both are great products.

I did a compare between the two a few weeks ago. Both on the same truck and then side by side.

The Baja Lights tend to be a bit smaller in case size, so they don't fill up the fog pockets as much. You may or may not like that. I like the Rigid better there (That is in the 3x3 pods) The Rigid Round 360 lights are 4" and slightly bigger. The Lumens are like HP. Some manufacturers stretch it more than others. I know I have compared Rigid lights with less advertised lumens than the BD counterpart and the Rigid was brighter, so the bigger number is better within brands, but I would want to see real hard data from a neutral source before I compared just a lumen number between them.

The LP4 Pro and the Rigid Pro D-Series are comparable models. The 360 Round is not comparable to either. Even the LP4 Round. The LP4 round is the same as the LP4 square with a round case. The 4" Rigid 360's are a completely different case and they are much larger. The LP6 is probably a closer compare to the 6" Rigid 360 light. But comparing the LP6 to the Rigid, the Rigid weighs probably half as much. In fact, I will take a pic of both side by side in a bit and post it, as well as weigh them both. Weight is important to me. The less a light like tis weighs, the more versatile it is to mount in many locations that it may otherwise have structural integrity issues on. (Like A-Pillar Mounts)
Both the LP6 and the 6' Rigid 360's have the backlight option.

John

Do appreciate that John. And I did see your comparison video which was very interesting. Great to see side by side in real world situations because there is no easy way to do this as a consumer. Not trying to over-work you, but that type of video comparing similar lights is extremely helpful and I’m sure appreciated by a lot of folks on this forum.

One comment on the weight, however; from a physics standpoint, the weight is also important for heat-sink capacity. Higher lumen light needs greater heat sink. The BD light you mention does have a significantly higher lumen count than the corresponding Rigid (though not twice as much...). The cheaper brand lights we bypass for these 2 top brands usually are very light for a reason...poorer lumen count and heat sink capacity.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a truck from Manila. Lots of the current exhaust systems even sound like truck from Manila.

Not my choice.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do appreciate that John. And I did see your comparison video which was very interesting. Great to see side by side in real world situations because there is no easy way to do this as a consumer. Not trying to over-work you, but that type of video comparing similar lights is extremely helpful and I’m sure appreciated by a lot of folks on this forum.

One comment on the weight, however; from a physics standpoint, the weight is also important for heat-sink capacity. Higher lumen light needs greater heat sink. The BD light you mention does have a significantly higher lumen count than the corresponding Rigid (though not twice as much...). The cheaper brand lights we bypass for these 2 top brands usually are very light for a reason...poorer lumen count and heat sink capacity.

I agree about the heat dissipation point you made, but it isn't always weight that does a better job. For example, Aluminum not only weighs much less than steel, but it also cools better than steel. One thing neither of them do is put much real detailed info out there. So I can tell you, I did the magnet test on both. The magnet doesn't stick so They must be aluminum cases. The weight must be primarily internal hardware. But as we learn from todays tech like cell phones. They can make things smaller and smaller and lighter and lighter and more efficient... Pretty amazing where technology is today.

John