Market abuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but Raptor buyers have the luxury of time. There’s not a single one of us that can’t wait it out because it’s a purely discretionary purchase. We can do anything the Raptor does with ( insert truck model here ), just not as well and in some cases you may not get the truck home. A Tremor could get us by if we needed to have some extra “capability” over a peasant truck. But we’re here because we -want- the Raptor.

We’re the ones driving Raptor ADM right now, look at all the people in here who fessed up. Stealerships are confident they’ll find “that guy” who has to have the Raptor and they are parting them from their money.

Don’t get me wrong, Jen Too is a great truck and Jen Tres promises great things as well but not 6 figures great.

I have a gravel driveway on my property so I pretty much need a Raptor. I don't want to get stuck and die of dysentery.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is slightly generic but non the less.

Actually lack of supply and high demand is causing it all. Not the ADM's. starting from the top on down. chain reaction.

There are two things that effect higher prices (supply and demand). econ 101.

low supply - (higher prices)
high supply - (lower prices)
less demand - (lower prices)
more demand - (higher prices)

combinations of both (low supply and more demand) are exacerbating the higher prices.

Welcome to what is was somewhat like thru the 70's into the beginning of the 80's. high inflation, high interest rates. then high unemployment. (lets all hope it never gets that bad again in our life time. Luckily I believe this is mostly COVID related. (hopefully I am right) we can work thru it quicker than if it wasn't. I was a kid growing up then and kinda understood the tail end of it and I sure as hell don't want to experience that as an adult.
You must remember, as I do the lines for gasoline. I am not as optimistic as you, I think that will be a cake walk compared to the next three years. Hopefully you are right and I am wrong.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

agerman

Reaction score
I could understand 10k, I wouldn’t even blink but damn!!!! I love the Raptor but with the mark ups they’ve had me considering the TRX since the Raptors are priced higher.
It really sucks. I don’t want to get into the whole free market discussion but I’m soo bummed out about not being able to find one ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
I wonder if Ford is willing to give up a little market share in order to reduce/eliminate rebates thus driving up their ATP. I hope not as i like being able to just go to the internet and find a dealer near me with the truck I want for a reasonable price.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Gentleman, be patient and only patronize MSRP dealers and all this stops. Too many just gotta have something and willing to pay ADMs. I dealt with this for 25 yrs on the Harley side and personally have never paid ADMs. I refused to go to my nearest dealer Annapolis Koons Ford because of their history of Raptor ADMs prior to supply chain issues, went down the road just a little further and found an honest stand up dealer @ Bob Bell Ford. Ordered at MSRP, took delivery this week and they honored MSRP, no finance or ESP requirements. Just an honest fair dealer. DM me if you want Salesman and Salesmanager contact. They have filled all 11 current 22' Raptor allocations, might get more in summer they hope...

Last edited:

speedracer00

Reaction score
I agree, this is all driven by consumer behavior but I'm not convinced that removing the dealership from the new sales equation will actually fix the problem. If people didn't pay the crazy markups they wouldn't be there. However I totally understand that if you have the money and you want something why should you have to wait...you worked hard for it and with that comes the reward that you can pay 30k ADM on a truck and have it now because you want it and for no other reason. I respect people's right to spend their money anyway they want. Still I think that regardless of what business model is used (direct to consumer) or (dealership) the same thing is going to happen. The rules of supply and demand are basically driven by human nature are they not? I want something so I will pay for it and especially when I think I can't get it then I'll pay more....totally human nature all of us are like this. My point is that if you remove the dealer you'll just end up with greedy people who order from the manufacturer at MSRP and then try to resell on the open market for a profit. At the same time you'll have the same people who are currently paying ADM buying these trucks from those who purchased from the manufacturer at MSRP...and so the bend you over on the price of a Raptor cycle will continue...From my perspective you just can't get around human greed, it's gonna be there no matter what we do and those of us that don't want to pay will always have to work to find the good deal while those of us with the means and desire to have it quick will get what they want as well.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and just dealing with msrp dealers isn't the end all. will not fix anything. dealers will hold out. used market prices will still climb because people aren't buying new cars in order give more supply to keep used prices down. rental car companies, every other company who buys fleet vehicles or work vehicles are still going to have no choice but to pay higher prices. guess what then we individuals who refuse to pay will get nothing and LIKE IT. its not that simple at all. so don't buy if you don't need to or want to. YOUR CHOICE. but higher prices will happen. if not by the dealers it'll be the manufactures. one way or another the higher prices in these time are inevitable. look ford just jacked up the price approximately $4500. above MY21. they are getting their cut too. a lot of people say the consumer have the power. wrong. company's know we have what they want (money). we are the (enemy). obstacle they need to get around to get our money.

buy dont buy and dont ***** at those who buy. some people have no choice to get a vehicle. if they choose what we all want who are we to say STOP cus you're ******** up the prices. "whatever" yes there is some truth to holding out and buying from msrp dealers only. but not in the big scheme of things. they will get a customer for life thats for sure. wish we could have a utopia but it doesn't exist.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tesla created direct market,big companies are going to follow?
another 2008 on his way?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope so. it might be a slow process. just because dealers have a huge pull and a large impact to communities. but somewhat needed. id prefer to just buy online and have showrooms to look at them and test drive them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erikn