Magnaflow muffler vs. cat-back exhaust system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
What is the (effect/sound) difference between the cat-back and muffler to tips?

I don't like the sound of the Borla Atak system, but i do like how the Magnaflow just makes it sound deeper and a bit louder, so i'm probably going to install one of those. I just don't know wether to get the cat-back or simply the muffler back, i can't hear a noticeable difference from online vids..

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla Atak eliminates the resonator in front of the muffler which is why it sounds raspy to some. I went with the Corsa sport which is just the muffler so it sounds more aggressive, but realize that it's still gonna sound like a TT6. I don't think the tailpipes make that much difference beyond aesthetic preference so I just reused the stock ones.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to have to agree with Loufish. I have the MBRP Sport exhaust(full) and it sounded great for a while, but it still sounds like the Audi RS5 Sportback tt6 I was considering buying before my truck. I think I should have replaced the down pipes instead for better flow, instead of making the tt6 louder and deeper. Still not V8 deep.

Every time I hear a truck with a deep V8 sound, it still makes me wish we had a V8 instead......

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a cheaper option that produces a slightly louder than stock sound is the Corsa resonator delete while retaining the oem muffler. I have a start up video that I have to figure out how to upload. It added some noise without being overly loud; however I like loud so I went full Corsa Extreme and couldn't be happier, but I left a fully deleted diesel to join the Raptor world and missed all the noise diesel's are known for.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With this truck, its better to make the turbos louder, not the motor.

intake, blow off valve, etc

I don't mind the sound of the stock exhaust, but just like my last ecoboost I wish the TT were louder. What is the recommended way/parts to achieve that?

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind the sound of the stock exhaust, but just like my last ecoboost I wish the TT were louder. What is the recommended way/parts to achieve that?

Whatever air intake floats your boat.

For the BOV you can just vent to atmosphere with a plug, or buy a turbosmart BOV.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every time I hear a truck with a deep V8 sound, it still makes me wish we had a V8 instead......
Ain't that the truth!...
This is a funny thread....guys trying to make different things louder (tell me why spend money on a louder BOV?)
Go buy some lights....

OP
OP
JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Reaction score
This is the muffler "system" i was thinking about, it's only like $500
What do you guys think, i kinda like the sound, it's not only louder, but also deeper.. (at least with headphones lol)

Wouldn't mind a vid showing the startup difference xrocket21 is talking about, anyone got a link?