Lug nut / TPMS question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question - I have a '17 Raptor with the standard alloy wheels, am looking to swap to the 17/18 OEM beadlocks. Are the lug nuts and TPMS transferable from my standard wheels to the beadlocks?

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_3932.jpg IMG_3933.jpg
What should one get instead?

I have the Gorilla black lugs on mine and they look great with the oem beadlocks. I live in the salt belt of PA and plan on putting the stock chrome lugs back on in winter; I actually had to replace a stock lug already due to swelling (truck is 7 months old).

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 121092 View attachment 121093

I have the Gorilla black lugs on mine and they look great with the oem beadlocks. I live in the salt belt of PA and plan on putting the stock chrome lugs back on in winter; I actually had to replace a stock lug already due to swelling (truck is 7 months old).

Just found the set of 24 on CJPony Parts. Ordered.

Any idea of the torque specs?

Why would you put the stock ones back in winter, just to preserve/protect the gorilla nuts?
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torque spec per owners manual is 150 ft lbs; that is what I run mine at. As far as the reason for swapping, I worry about the black finish wearing off and rusting. I have ran other black lug nuts on other trucks and side by sides and they all have flaked and rusted; I hope the Gorilla hold up better, but I'm not holding my breath. I also refrain from using an impact gun on the black lugs as I have knocked paint off ones in the past doing that.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. And thanks to this forum, and many others, not only have I learned a lot and continue to do so, but it continues to cost me money. Naturally I had to order those gorilla lugs.

Question: Can I safely and without causing damage to the wheels, etc., remove and replace one lug at a time without jacking up the truck?

Also, is it a common issue with trucks in general that lugs nuts swell?