Lucked Out on Black 37 Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoBoy7914

Reaction score
Howdy everyone! Y'all might have seen my post in the perspective buyers thread after my super duty fire. But since it's official I figured I'd post a few pictures.

I was able to search for, secure, and pickup a 22' Raptor 37 in Black Agate from a dealer outside of Dallas. I had called many dealers in Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Arizona, and New Mexico to try and find a deal at MSRP for a 37. Most places were in the $25-$35 ADM range with a truck with no build date. The one I purchased showed as "In Transit" with a estimated delivery of July 27th when I called on July 6th. The next day, July 7th, I got word it had landed early. I paid $10K over sticker, but luckily the truck had the $65K base price vs the new $70K increase.

MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS: How was I able to get the truck for the initial $65K base price? I have read a lot of post where guys agreed to a MSRP price, but it was then adjusted officially on the window sticker of the $67K or $70K base price increase. They had ordered this truck last summer, but I still do not understand how it wasn't edited. Does Ford actually make the adjustment/edit the window sticker or is it the dealer that requests ford to update the sticker? I wanted to ask the dealer, but clearly I wasn't trying to arm them with any reason to increase it on me.

The only reason I felt good on the buy, was due to how quick I scored the truck (2.5 weeks from super duty fire to brining Raptor home) and the fact I was paying the lower base. I chalked it up a $5K ADM w the new pricing so I felt okay. Luckily today (knock on wood) was able to get my confirmation from Ford on the R. No idea how good that really is, but I'll say I've had a pretty good Raptor week. I hope everyone who has been waiting on their truck gets it soon, I feel a bit guilty driving mine w how many dudes have been stuck with kicking sand.

Attachments

• IMG_7072.jpeg
    IMG_7072.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_7075.jpeg
    IMG_7075.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_7060.jpeg
    IMG_7060.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_7055.jpeg
    IMG_7055.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_7032.jpeg
    IMG_7032.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 456

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats. 10k over is a good deal nowadays on a raptor. Dealer near me has the exact same one and asking 25k over. Another effing dealer near me is asking 50 k over for a 35. So you got a good deal under current market conditions and enjoy it.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did your homework, were willing to make a small additional payment and seem to understand that the market is what it is. Well deserved. Congratulations!

dave_g

Reaction score
Good luck with the truck- I have a 18 and can not believe how hot these trucks still are. I really like the 37 package

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Howdy everyone! Y'all might have seen my post in the perspective buyers thread after my super duty fire. But since it's official I figured I'd post a few pictures.

I was able to search for, secure, and pickup a 22' Raptor 37 in Black Agate from a dealer outside of Dallas. I had called many dealers in Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Arizona, and New Mexico to try and find a deal at MSRP for a 37. Most places were in the $25-$35 ADM range with a truck with no build date. The one I purchased showed as "In Transit" with a estimated delivery of July 27th when I called on July 6th. The next day, July 7th, I got word it had landed early. I paid $10K over sticker, but luckily the truck had the $65K base price vs the new $70K increase.

MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS: How was I able to get the truck for the initial $65K base price? I have read a lot of post where guys agreed to a MSRP price, but it was then adjusted officially on the window sticker of the $67K or $70K base price increase. They had ordered this truck last summer, but I still do not understand how it wasn't edited. Does Ford actually make the adjustment/edit the window sticker or is it the dealer that requests ford to update the sticker? I wanted to ask the dealer, but clearly I wasn't trying to arm them with any reason to increase it on me.

The only reason I felt good on the buy, was due to how quick I scored the truck (2.5 weeks from super duty fire to brining Raptor home) and the fact I was paying the lower base. I chalked it up a $5K ADM w the new pricing so I felt okay. Luckily today (knock on wood) was able to get my confirmation from Ford on the R. No idea how good that really is, but I'll say I've had a pretty good Raptor week. I hope everyone who has been waiting on their truck gets it soon, I feel a bit guilty driving mine w how many dudes have been stuck with kicking sand.
Congrats and enjoy that beast my man! Glad you were able to land one so quickly.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score

She’s beautiful Congrats